Remembering Tommy Smith | Syracusefan.com

Remembering Tommy Smith

I don’t come around much anymore for various reasons but a friend forwarded the post above to me. So sad to hear of Tommy’s passing. I have know him since we competed against each other in middle school and beyond. We only played together one summer at the Empire State games but continued to clash each spring while he patrolled the back line for the Cavs. Tommy was as good a friend as he was a competitor on the turf. He was ahead of his time with his athleticism and feel for the game. Off the field, he was great friends with a few of my college teammates and quickly made friends with everyone in our circle. Tommy was fun to be with and had a great bellowing laugh.

It has been extra tough to see a handful of photos of Tommy guarding Rob Kavovit during our time in college. They loved playing against each other, first in the Empire State games then at the highest levels of lacrosse.

Rest easy Tommy, thanks for being a great friend. You will be missed by many. Wish it could have been different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom