Remind me.. who wanted bowl in Dallas because of the weather... | Syracusefan.com

Remind me.. who wanted bowl in Dallas because of the weather...

Two thoughts. One, 72,000 people in attendance? Weather can't be THAT bad.

Second is how amazing Montana was that game. The pocket seemed to collapse on him constantly but he bought time and found his receivers. Amazing.

It is bad and will last for a few days, but we hit 80 degrees on Wednesday. This is a 1 or 2 times per year event. It could be mid-60's for that bowl game.

Still trying to figure out if my son got home from work LAST NIGHT, or went to work TODAY or if he has POWER!!! He is fine driving in snow as he grew up doing that. Ice is another story, and it is totally a mess there. Most highways had to be closed. They have a ton of overpasses with multiple highways connecting and crossing each other around the metro area. All of the elevated roadways were closed down from the icing conditions. It should warm up to 40 by the bowl game. It is suppose to be 17 tonight with wind chills in the single digits.

I want the game in Dallas because I can drive to it. Same with Shreveport, Houston and San Antonio. Purely selfish reasons but not necessarily weather related.

The weather will be fine and the Cotton Bowl is a great venue. We need exposure down here for the CUSE brand. Thinking Mark will lead a tremendous tailgate if so. Lots of us NY transplants down this way..

It is bad and will last for a few days, but we hit 80 degrees on Wednesday. This is a 1 or 2 times per year event. It could be mid-60's for that bowl game.
This. It wasn't THAT bad outside today. Somewhere in the 20's, maybe got up to about 30 with no precipitation here a little north of Dallas. And like texasorange said, it was really gorgeous earlier in the week and chances are better of it being in the 50s or 60s than in the 20s or 30s on January 1.