report from last night | Syracusefan.com

report from last night

stuckinbig11

All American
My wife and I had great seats, compliments of you-know-who. I even caught an errant pass and handed the ball to the ref (if it was baseball, I would have had a souvenir). The pre-game reception had taco/burrito fixings. We shared a table with two guys from Rochester; it turned out that they had seats right next to us at the game. At the halftime reception, I found myself standing next to Dave Harmon, a bball player in the class of 1970, a year ahead of me. I inquired if it was him and had a fun discussion, as I remember playing touch football with him many times on the large lawn in front of Lawrinson. He was 6'4" and very strong and fast. He ate everyone up. We talked about Lawrinson and my 11th floor friend Bill Smith, who he played with. Dave seemed really happy to talk with me, perhaps because I still recognized him in our old age. After the game, I spoke briefly with John Wildhack; I was a casual acquaintance of his brother Hank long ago. It was a great evening, and we got home by 11:00.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom