Rest of recruiting class? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rest of recruiting class?

Getting Rippy, Morgan and Thompson would be huge. I think our best shot is with Morgan, then followed by Thompson, then Rippy.

Getting Rippy, Morgan and Thompson would be huge. I think our best shot is with Morgan, then followed by Thompson, then Rippy.
I'd be more surprised if Thompson went somewhere else than I would if Morgan did.

Sammy Watkins, case in point, of Clemson is having one of the best seasons a freshman WR has ever had.

RECYDSTD

38 623 6

Marrone said we'd be taking 21 players. We have 4 slots left.
Ah ok, in that case...I hope we're looking at more than 4 LB's. I think they'll be some movement though, non qualifier/decommit stuff. Happens almost every year.

Humm,...Definitely MORGAN, TJ NEAL (loved Nebraska trip and sems to be leanning that way), RON THOMPSON (though I am not sure), Deaysean Rippy (just don't see him overlooking other schools to pick us), KEN GOINS (I think this kid is a sleeper and we're in good position to land him), ABNER LOGAN (we're in it along with 4 other schools I believe), JAYLEN COLEMAN (Togh to beat Cincy for him), BRYCE COTTRELL (Same scenario, tough to beat Oregon for his services), BRYAN JOHSON (DE Juco product out of NCC).

Now Kids that I consider wild cards prospects who people would say we probably don't need more of because of their position.

ALEX PACE, WILLIE HENRY, JOE SCELFO, BAM BRADLEY, TRAE CLARK, LAKEITH WALLS.

And these are just in our radar though I am not sure if staff has continued tracking/pursuing them:

JEREMY GLINTON (WR), JOSH MANLEY (DT), JOSH GLANTON (LB).

Humm,...Definitely MORGAN, TJ NEAL (loved Nebraska trip and sems to be leanning that way), RON THOMPSON (though I am not sure), Deaysean Rippy (just don't see him overlooking other schools to pick us), KEN GOINS (I think this kid is a sleeper and we're in good position to land him), ABNER LOGAN (we're in it along with 4 other schools I believe), JAYLEN COLEMAN (Togh to beat Cincy for him), BRYCE COTTRELL (Same scenario, tough to beat Oregon for his services), BRYAN JOHSON (DE Juco product out of NCC).

Now Kids that I consider wild cards prospects who people would say we probably don't need more of because of their position.

ALEX PACE, WILLIE HENRY, JOE SCELFO, BAM BRADLEY, TRAE CLARK, LAKEITH WALLS.

And these are just in our radar though I am not sure if staff has continued tracking/pursuing them:

JEREMY GLINTON (WR), JOSH MANLEY (DT), JOSH GLANTON (LB).

Neal - Not a Nebraska lean, we are even with them at this point, though his visit here may change that negatively in terms of fan support
We aren't getting Cottrell, haven't been on his list for a while, that's why I didn't list him.
None of your wild cards have offers except Scelfo.
We didn't make the cut on your last 3.

I'm not sure who we get but I'd be willing to bet it's more than 4 more commits. My thought would be that we'd be looking to take 21 meaning, 21 arrive on campus (or 20, etc.). But I can't imagine a scenario in which we take exactly the number that arrive. We haven't done that since at least the middle of the P era and, perhaps, never.

If Davis, Broyld and Smallwood count towards 2011, there's room for 6-7 more in the Class of 2012.

Whether there's room for everyone in August is another story. I've given up trying to figure out who's graduating and who's coming back. :)

I think we need more O and D lines studs before we need LB's
We're bringing in three offensive guards in Knapp, Palmer, and Emerich, an offensive tackle in Barrett, a defensive end in Barnwell, and two defensive tackles in Coleman and Brantley. I think for this class we are set. 4 on each side is usually good. We also aren't graduating much at the positions so they aren't as big of a need. LB's are very thin, we have a walk on as Dyshawn's backup, and if Spruill got hurt we'd be in some trouble.

If Davis, Broyld and Smallwood count towards 2011, there's room for 6-7 more in the Class of 2012.

Whether there's room for everyone in August is another story. I've given up trying to figure out who's graduating and who's coming back. :)
This is terrible news, OX, I've always counted on the fishes and loaves posts because I'm too lazy to do it myself...

No FBS running back should have rolls on his arms.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

It's not offensive, your just a moron. He's a big guy which is a far cry from having rolls on his arms. It's one thing to not like his weight and another to imply that a 18-19 year old kid is some fat @ss. He barely has a belly for someone at his weight. You should probably know what your talking about before talking out of your @ss like usual. Maybe watch a game.

9914477-standard.jpg

This is terrible news, OX, I've always counted on the fishes and loaves posts because I'm too lazy to do it myself...

There will be at least 12 players graduating. Maybe more.

I guess we'll know on Nov 26.

It's not offensive, your just a moron. He's a big guy which is a far cry from having rolls on his arms. It's one thing to not like his weight and another to imply that a 18-19 year old kid is some fat @ss. He barely has a belly for someone at his weight. You should probably know what your talking about before talking out of your @ss like usual. Maybe watch a game.
Seriously, just ignore him. Don't reduce yourself to his level. Just the fact that he has to try to bait people into responding to his post with his little one liner at the end shows the maturity level you're dealing with.

If it is 6 or 7 then we legitimately have room for all the top prospects we're in play with, so that's good to hear.

didn't say starting the post said contributing... there are probably too many too count and I am not doing the research, I also said by year two if they aren't ready then they probably aren't going to get a ton of time. All our running backs the past 10-20 years fit into that category. Bailey, Carter, Boonah, Rhodes, Reyes, Konrad, Owens, Mungro (who has a great senior year) That is my point, being a good college running back isn't a 3 year development process, sure there is room for improvement and rounding out skill sets, I would suggest that a few of these guys regressed.

Running back is about athleticism, vision and instinct, sure many frosh and sophs need to develop at the nuances but there are plenty of running backs that start as true frosh or get significant playing time, RB is a spot where you either have it or you don't

in the history of SU RBs we have had 4 FR have 100 carries and 1 RF..

some good ones morris/carter.

konrad had 63, terry richardon 60, mungro 50, bailey 33, hogue 77, drummand 86

Dee brown had 118 as a RF. reyes had 42, David Walker had 15, malcolm thomas has 14, daryl johnston had 10, kirby 9

some like Jamie covington went from 2,9, to 143, reyes from 42 -147, mungro from 50-115

brinkley had zero as a freshmen and 111 as a SO, michael owens had zero as a FR and 88 as a SO.

these are among the top 25 all time at SU.

Why do we need smaller WRs? If we get big kids that can run that gives us more of an advantage. We have our RB in McFarlane, who seems solid.

My ideal 4 to wrap up the class (since I don't think we have more slots than that)
  • TJ Neal, OLB, PA, huge offer list and we were the leader at last update. Visiting on the 25th of Nov.
  • Ron Thompson, TE, MI, decent B1G offers and we are in his top 3 with Cincy and Illinois.
  • Deaysean Rippy, OLB, PA, Once again, great offer list, we are in a great spot with him as him and Conley have a great relationship and he's teammates with Dontez Ford, and is visiting in Nov. IIRC.
  • Wayne Morgan, CB, NY, not sure of offers, rumors he made some up, but he's a NY kid, good looking player, and would be a big land for Marrone in terms of locking down NY. We're up there for him judging by his diaries, as he keeps mentioning us. Hopefully Alvin Cornelius keeps working him.
Guys that would be nice to land if we don't get a few of these:

• Abner Logan, LB, MA, has a decent offer list, and may visit here. Not sure how high up his list we are, though.
  • Jaylen Coleman, OLB, PA, offer list is a bunch of BE teams, Cincy lean, not sure we can pull him away though.
  • Matt Kuivinen, QB, TN, under the radar kid, supposedly has an offer from us, highlight tape looks nice and he's starting to get some interest. Not sure we have room for another signal caller but i'll take it.
  • Corry Omeally, CB, FL, has a WVU offer, I think our interest has cooled on him since we got commits from other DB's.
Plan B guys:
  • Joe Scelfo, C/G, GA, Orange Fizz has a boner for this kid, offer list is weak, wants to take his time though, which isn't smart because he doesn't have any other BCS options.
  • Kenneth Goins, RB, MD, I like this kid's tape, only other offer is Tulane though. Definitely should be a plan B option.
  • Dalton Crossan, RB, NY, I doubt he has an offer but if we whiff on the other kids I guess why not.
Kuivinen is a interesting possibility. I don't think Miller will be back, thus another open scholie at QB. I'm intrigued with all the LB offers still out there. Neal, Rippy and/or Logan would be sweet. I can see Leroy Owens going to DE. Possibly Washington, too, if he can't convert to true LB on the next level. And Whitehurst may never show. I like the Omealy kid a lot and, if we don't land Morgan (whom we want at CB), then I think we press for him. Goins best position is LB, but he's 5'10" at most. Scelfo has Center written all over him, but he's smallish like Macky. Thompson has to be up their near the top of the wish list, a heart breaker if we don't land him. Crossan is having a quietly spectacular senior season so far.

I like the Omealy kid a lot and, if we don't land Morgan (whom we want at CB), then I think we press for him.

I think we end up with Morgan. At least 1 source said we will. I don't want this to sound negative but a couple of the big schools have backed off, like Michigan, because he performed poorly in a couple of summer games/camps. He could fall into our laps.

Kuivinen is a interesting possibility. I don't think Miller will be back, thus another open scholie at QB. I'm intrigued with all the LB offers still out there. Neal, Rippy and/or Logan would be sweet. I can see Leroy Owens going to DE. Possibly Washington, too, if he can't convert to true LB on the next level. And Whitehurst may never show. I like the Omealy kid a lot and, if we don't land Morgan (whom we want at CB), then I think we press for him. Goins best position is LB, but he's 5'10" at most. Scelfo has Center written all over him, but he's smallish like Macky. Thompson has to be up their near the top of the wish list, a heart breaker if we don't land him. Crossan is having a quietly spectacular senior season so far.

What makes you think Miller isn't coming back? Gut feeling or more?

I think we end up with Morgan. At least 1 source said we will. I don't want this to sound negative but a couple of the big schools have backed off, like Michigan, because he performed poorly in a couple of summer games/camps. He could fall into our laps.

Sounds about right. Even though the circumstances are different it reminds me a lot of the Collier situation on how he may have played his cards wrong waiting a little too late if he was seriously looking at some of the other big time schools.

A trio of Thompson, Morgan, and one of the top LBs would be a tremendous finish to the recruiting class. Even though we have higher rated kids on the lists, I think Scelfo would be a solid get. It's tremendously obvious we lack centers. I still keep pumping Derick Peters' name, and I don't know if he is this year's version of Canzerri or Nick Robinson, but for a team that could use another RB (especially when MacFarlane has been talked about both on defense, AND as a flip candidate), I say go get the big man now.

We could use a few more DE/TE types , a RB ( maybe 2 if AAM isnt ready) , and many CB/smaller WR types.

The best athletes available - no matter what position they play.

agreed Miller situation was totally overblown by the police. He should be back although I did hear a rumor and will stress rumor that he may not want to come back and may actually transfer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom