Retiree's disease | Syracusefan.com

Retiree's disease

SWC75

Bored Historian
I failed to call into or listen to last night's Jim Boeheim Show because I thought it was Wednesday. :oops:

I spent the day vacuuming the house and doing the laundry and somehow managed to miss every clue that it was Thursday. :rolleyes:

Then I woke up today and saw the weather report, which began with Friday. :confused:

I haven't been able to find a podcast, (Cuse.com's last one was from 2014; Tune -In had a couple from 2016). Hopefully it will show up here soon: SU Basketball Coaches’ Shows When it does I'll do a summary.

Last edited:
You are forgiven! But I admit that I was disappointed not to find your write-up this AM.

But it is still great to be retired. Look at it this way with today being Friday, only 24 hours more before tipoff. Been a long week waiting for the next game. Always enjoy your posts after JB Show.

You are forgiven! But I admit that I was disappointed not to find your write-up this AM.

So was I. I'd like to promise that it won't ever happen again but...

(Actually I think it happened once before - I think.)

I'm not retired, but:
I rushed around, trying to run a bunch of errands around town, trying to get home before the Colgate game... skipped one item on the list... got peeved with myself for arriving home ten minutes after tip-off... Parked myself in front of the tv, only to curse at the listings for not including our game... Only to realize the game was the following day.

I'm not retired, but:
I rushed around, trying to run a bunch of errands around town, trying to get home before the Colgate game... skipped one item on the list... got peeved with myself for arriving home ten minutes after tip-off... Parked myself in front of the tv, only to curse at the listings for not including our game... Only to realize the game was the following day.
Okay, Zelda, take that and multiply by 5 or 10. Your account made me laugh out loud!

When I first retired, I would wake up in the morning anxious. I would have to figure out what day it was, and then wonder what I was doing, feeling certain that I was very busy but with what? What?? Then I would remember that I promised someone a walk in the morning, then a massage, and then playing Screw Your Neighbor with a bunch of friends in the afternoon. Yes, it’s the life of my cat (Riley) but I am amazed at how anxiety is my morning go-to even after two years!

And Zelda, I have become the Maestro of Forgetful and Confused. Yoiks!

Okay, now, there’s a game tomorrow at noon. Right? RIGHT???

I failed to call into or listen to last night's Jim Boeheim Show because I thought it was Wednesday. :oops:

I spent the day vacuuming the house and doing the laundry and somehow managed to miss every clue that it was Thursday. :rolleyes:

Then I woke up today and saw the weather report, which began with Friday. :confused:

I haven't been able to find a podcast, (Cuse.com's last one was from 2014; Tune -In had a couple from 2016). Hopefully it will show up here soon: SU Basketball Coaches’ Shows When it does I'll do a summary.
As they say about retirees, "s# happens, often when you think it's just a fart."

Okay, Zelda, take that and multiply by 5 or 10. Your account made me laugh out loud!

When I first retired, I would wake up in the morning anxious. I would have to figure out what day it was, and then wonder what I was doing, feeling certain that I was very busy but with what? What?? Then I would remember that I promised someone a walk in the morning, then a massage, and then playing Screw Your Neighbor with a bunch of friends in the afternoon. Yes, it’s the life of my cat (Riley) but I am amazed at how anxiety is my morning go-to even after two years!

And Zelda, I have become the Maestro of Forgetful and Confused. Yoiks!

Okay, now, there’s a game tomorrow at noon. Right? RIGHT???

I have to ask. Screw your neighbors?

I have to ask. Screw your neighbors?
It’s the world’s most fun card game. I googled it but it doesn’t come up under that name. I could painstakingly explain it to you via PM, but I suspect it wouldn’t sound fun and you and your friends/family will never play it. When I re-read my post I realized I had omitted the description of “card game” and therefore have forgiven Zelda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom