Retro jerseys | Syracusefan.com

Retro jerseys

Retro. But not a throwback. A throwback would be something we actually wore once upon a time. Shame on them.
Retro or reject? The words are pretty similar...

What a shame there was an opportunity to create something fans have been clamoring for and the design for the uniform was given to an incompetent dolt.

Retro or reject? The words are pretty similar...

What a shame there was an opportunity to create something fans have been clamoring for and the design for the uniform was given to an incompetent dolt.

Are we wearing these mesh retros this year?

That's a terrible retro with the small Syracuse at the chest. I mean cmon w that nonsense.
Considering there are really aren't that many people who can instantly identify a 90's era Syracuse football jersey, it makes sense to throw the Syracuse on it. It looks much better on the worn example than the jpg's.

Considering there are really aren't that many people who can instantly identify a 90's era Syracuse football jersey, it makes sense to throw the Syracuse on it. It looks much better on the worn example than the jpg's.
Who can't identify the 90's era unis that isn't a SU student with no fan history?

Guys, with all due respect this product isn't "for" you, lol. This is targeting younger people and students who want to wear cool retro stuff. It's not supposed to be authentic.

I personally like them too for what they are, I wouldn't spend that much on them though

Did it look better when Bill wore it?

vintage bill hurley

on the other hand its from a time when 95% of people never saw the jerseys and listened to games on the radio.

Guys, with all due respect this product isn't "for" you, lol. This is targeting younger people and students who want to wear cool retro stuff. It's not supposed to be authentic.

I personally like them too for what they are, I wouldn't spend that much on them though
It's for Syracuase students

Florida played at LSU the same weekend Syracuse played Tulane in 2011. I was getting high fives from Florida fans on Bourbon Street while being told “we’re gunna kill the Tigers!” repeatedly on Friday night before the game.

Most people can’t actually tell what jersey their team wears right now - never mind what a legit throwback is. All the average person does is go by the colors - and even that has a surprising amount of wiggle room.

(As a largely irrelevant aside, “we” did not kill the Tigers. #1 LSU stomped Florida 41-11 in a game that wasn’t even as close as that score might indicate).

Florida played at LSU the same weekend Syracuse played Tulane in 2011. I was getting high fives from Florida fans on Bourbon Street while being told “we’re gunna kill the Tigers!” repeatedly on Friday night before the game.

Most people can’t actually tell what jersey their team wears right now - never mind what a legit throwback is. All the average person does is go by the colors - and even that has a surprising amount of wiggle room.

(As a largely irrelevant aside, “we” did not kill the Tigers. #1 LSU stomped Florida 41-11 in a game that wasn’t even as close as that score might indicate).
I was at that game in NO! That was so much fun. I remember one bartender on Bourbon asked us why there were so many Syracuse fans around. When I said we played Tulane she asked if it was basketball.

feel like they'd sell fair amount of these if not for the 2 month lead time. wonder how many angry folks won't read the 4-6 week lead time from Aug 26?

This is one of the best posts I've ever seen on this board.

The "wise man" handle checks out.

These are pretty sweet. Everyone is always complaining and asking to bring back 90's style jerseys and this is a great blend of old with the mesh, the shadow numbers, and the sleeves. Today everything is about marketing/branding so of course they are going to put "Syracuse" on it somewhere, but it's subtle, small, and simple. I grew up during the mcnabb era so I do have an appreciation for the past but recognize how branding has completely changed the college game/business. Anddd you can buy a jersey to support a current player directly which is what NIL is all about. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but I for sure ordered my McCord jersey and can't wait for it to arrive when we are 6-0.

Syracuase
it would have been worse if they spelled it wrong on the jersey...the web site content people obviously don't bother with proofreading. I hope they handle our NIL donations with more attention to detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom