Return of Player Ratings | Syracusefan.com

Return of Player Ratings

moqui

generational talent
We did this two years ago but let it slide last year.

Every Monday (or Tuesday if there is a Monday game), posters will be asked to rank the scholarship players in order, using whatever metric you want. Some will base it on total season production, some just on the most recent games, some on a combination, some on a metric of their own creation.

The only rules are that you must list at least 5 players, and you must list them in order - no ties. Force yourself to order them. I know it is hard; some weeks there will be very little difference between #2 and #5.

I will collate & post the summary results by the end of the week, or on Wednesday afternoon on weeks when there is a Wednesday game.

1. Triche
  2. MCW
  3. Fair
  4. Southerland
  5. BMK
  6. Rak
  7. Cooney
  8. DC2
  9. Grant

This will look different but im going off what surprised me;
1. Baye Moussa Keita
2. Brandon Triche
3. James Southerland
4. Michael Carter-Williams
5. Rakeem Christmas
6. Trevor Cooney
7. C.J. Fair
8. Jerami Grant
9. Dajuan Coleman

1. Triche
2. MCW
3. Fair
4. BMK
5. Rak
6. Southerland
7. Cooney
8. DC2
9. Grant

I feel like there should be at least one more scholarship player... i guess not.

1. Triche
  2. MCW
  3. Fair
  4. Southy
  5. Rak
  6. Keita
  7. DC2
  8. Cooney
  9. Grant

1. Triche
  2. MCW
  3. Fair
  4. Southy
  5. Keita
  6. RAK
  7. DC2
  8. Cooney
  9. Grant

I didn't see the game yesterday, but based on what I've read and seeing SD State:

1. Triche
2. MCW
3. Fair
4. Dirty
5. Rak
6. BMK
7. Cooney
8. DC2
9. Grant

I am basing this solely off of Sundays game. Because SDSU was last week and the outdoor thing puts jump shooter at a unfair disadvantage.

1. Triche
2. MCW
3. BMK
4. Southerland
5. Cooney
6. Rak
7. Grant
8. Fair
9. DC2

1. Triche
2. Fair
3. BMK
4. MCW
5. Southie
6. Rak
7. Cooney
8. Grant
9. DC2

Including game 1:
  1. Triche
  2. MCW
  3. Fair
  4. BMK
  5. Rak
  6. JSouth
  7. Cooney
  8. Grant
  9. DC2

Triche
Fair
MCW
BMK
James
Rak
DC2
Cooney
Grant

1. Triche
2. MCW
3. Fair
4. Dirty
5. Rak
6. BMK
7. Cooney
8. Grant
9. Coleman.

1. Fair
2. MCW
3. Triche
4. Southerland
5. Keita
6. Christmas
7. Coleman
8. Grant
9. Cooney

I am basing this solely off of Sundays game. Because SDSU was last week and the outdoor thing puts jump shooter at a unfair disadvantage.

1. Triche
2. MCW
3. BMK
4. Southerland
5. Cooney
6. Rak
7. Grant
8. Fair
9. DC2
I know you're basing this solely off of yesterday...but whenever Fair isn't in the top 5, at worst, I call shenanigans.

Personally I don't like to take part in these rankings. IMO it's sort of demeaning to the players to rank them against their teammates.

1. Fair
2. MCW
3. Triche
4. Southerland
5. BMK
6. RAK
7. DC2
8. Cooney
9. Grant

I know you're basing this solely off of yesterday...but whenever Fair isn't in the top 5, at worst, I call shenanigans.

Fair played like crap yesterday! I call it like I see it and I watched the game twice. I can't believe how poorly he played!

Fair played like crap yesterday! I call it like I see it and I watched the game twice. I can't believe how poorly he played!
I get that you're basing it solely on yesterday, and I didn't see the game (my local BWW couldn't get it for me, sadly), but man, I cannot fathom CJ ever being 8th out of 9.

I get that you're basing it solely on yesterday, and I didn't see the game (my local BWW couldn't get it for me, sadly), but man, I cannot fathom CJ ever being 8th out of 9.

He missed at least 2 rebs he should have had. He tipped a ball that went out bounds that he should have caught easily and started a break. He What'ed a pass from Brandon that he should have caught a dunked (you can see Brandon give him that What look on tape) If he hadn't hit that 1 3pter (he was wide open for a reason) or if DC2 would had finished one or two of his opportunities CJ would have been dead last on my list. I expect him to bounce back but if JB thinks James is a better back-up 2 guard than CJ why is James not a better starting small forward than CJ?

Triche
Fair
McW
Rak
Southerland
BMK
Cooney
JG
DJC

We did this two years ago but let it slide last year.

Every Monday (or Tuesday if there is a Monday game), posters will be asked to rank the scholarship players in order, using whatever metric you want. Some will base it on total season production, some just on the most recent games, some on a combination, some on a metric of their own creation.

The only rules are that you must list at least 5 players, and you must list them in order - no ties. Force yourself to order them. I know it is hard; some weeks there will be very little difference between #2 and #5.

I will collate & post the summary results by the end of the week, or on Wednesday afternoon on weeks when there is a Wednesday game.

1. Triche
  2. MCW
  3. Fair
  4. Southerland
  5. BMK
  6. Rak
  7. Cooney
  8. DC2
  9. Grant

Personally I don't like to take part in these rankings. IMO it's sort of demeaning to the players to rank them against their teammates.
I understand the criticism and I hesitated to do this again for that very reason, but after a lot of thought I decided it was mostly harmless

I understand the criticism and I hesitated to do this again for that very reason, but after a lot of thought I decided it was mostly harmless
I doubt the players are reading this/getting upset and feeling demeaned(word?).. It's just a fun message board game IMO.

Being coached is far more "Demeaning" than almost anything written on message boards! (there is a personal line that should never be crossed) This isn't little league!

this board should be banned for ignorance and stupidity