2. Fair
3. Keita
4. MCW
5. Southerland
6. Christmas
7. Cooney
8. Coleman
9. Grant

My criteria: 70% (or so) How they're playing vis-a-vis expectations, 30% (or so) purely based on talent/production

Triche
Keita
Southerland
MCW
Fair
X mas
Cooney
Grant
Coleman

1. Triche
2. Fair
3. Southerland
4. RAK
5. MCW
6. BMK
7. Coleman
8. Cooney
9. Grant
10. MOOOOKIEEE

Triche
McW
Fair
Southerland
BMK
Rak
Cooney
Coleman
Grant

My ratings are based on performance vs. my expectations through first 2 games:

1. Cooney
2. Southerland
3. Christmas
4. Triche
5. BMK
6. MCW
7. Thickburger
8. Grant
9. DjC

Triche
MCW
Fair
Southerland
Rak
BMK
Grant
Coleman
Cooney

Personally I don't like to take part in these rankings. IMO it's sort of demeaning to the players to rank them against their teammates.
I agree. Sort of the same reason that people shouldn't be booing at college athletes. These are just kids playing a team game. Yes, I understand they get free rides and these are million dollar programs, but bottom line is that they are kids who in most instances are giving 100%.

If there was a post that you picked the three stars for the week, I would think that would be more appropriate.

I agree. Sort of the same reason that people shouldn't be booing at college athletes. These are just kids playing a team game. Yes, I understand they get free rides and these are million dollar programs, but bottom line is that they are kids who in most instances are giving 100%.

If there was a post that you picked the three stars for the week, I would think that would be more appropriate.

How about we don't keep score and pass out certificates of effort after every game! These aren't kids they are young men old enough to vote, die for their country, become a father, etc. College is suppose to prepare you for life not coddle and baby you!

1. Triche
2. Fair
3. Southerland
4. Christmas
5. Keita
6. MCW
7. Cooney
8. Grant
9. Coleman

This will look different but im going off what surprised me;
1. Baye Moussa Keita
2. Brandon Triche
3. James Southerland
4. Michael Carter-Williams
5. Rakeem Christmas
6. Trevor Cooney
7. C.J. Fair
8. Jerami Grant
9. Dajuan Coleman

i think dc2 has been the most surprising to me.

Counting both games:
1. MCW - He's done everything I expected of him so far this year, and he's shown his great potential as both a scorer, a passer, a rebounder, and a defender already.
2. Triche - Finally seems to be getting more assertive with his scoring opportunities. Defense has always been good. He just needs to try to hang onto the ball a little better.
3. Fair - Skillwise, I don't think he's really improved much at all, but he seems to understand the game better through two games, and he's picking his spots well thus far.
4. Xmas - Statistically, he hasn't really been anything special, but through two games, he's been the only real intimidating defensive presence in our front court, and he's been active on the offensive glass as well.
5. Southerland - This last game against Wagner, he showed everything I've been hoping to see from him his entire career. A pull-up jumper, a floater in the lane, a bucket out of the post, and he shot the ball well. Still skeptical because he's started out seasons hot in the past, but hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
6. BMK - His improvement is blatantly obvious. It's not like Southerland where I'm still kinda skeptical. Keita is actually catching passes, and his awareness on the court seems to be much higher than in the past.
7. Coleman - He's disappointed through two games so far, but I don't think he's far behind BMK if at all even after two games. Coleman has legitimate post moves, and he's a good rebounder and passer. The flaws in his game right now (putting the ball on the ground, not keeping the ball high, not really letting the game come to him) are all things that he can easily fix/will be fixed as he gets more comfortable with the college game. He's the only big man on this team that can score on his own without someone setting him up with a pass.
8. Trevor Cooney - It feels weird ranking him this low, because I think he played very well against Wagner. The key for him getting playing time is shooting the ball well and being decent enough defensively. He did that pretty well against Wagner, and showed that he can handle the ball a little bit as well.
9. Jerami Grant - He's been a pleasant surprise for me. I didn't think he'd really be able to make an impact this year, but his length is out of this world and he's shown a knack for scoring around the bucket. His shooting touch is absolutely horrific though. He should never shoot a jumpshot this year. Ever.

1. Triche
2. MCW
3. CJ
4. Christmas
5. BMK
6. Southerland
7. Cooney
8. DC2
9. Grant

The biggest suprise for me so far has been BMK. Basically he switched spots with where I expected DC2 to be. Otherwise it's about what I expected.

if we want to have a board vote on the matter, I will bow to the will of the majority

1. Brandon Triche
2. Michael Carter-Williams
3. Baye Moussa Keita
4. James Southerland
5. C.J. Fair
6. Rakeem Christmas
7. Trevor Cooney
8. Jerami Grant
9. Dajuan Coleman

How about we don't keep score and pass out certificates of effort after every game! These aren't kids they are young men old enough to vote, die for their country, become a father, etc. College is suppose to prepare you for life not coddle and baby you!

Outcome-based basketball! Maybe we should attach weights to those players who can jump higher, or not allow players who are taller to fully extend their arms.

Outcome-based basketball! Maybe we should attach weights to those players who can jump higher, or not allow players who are taller to fully extend their arms.
Harrison Bounel meets Harrison Bergeron

I love these, but they are very hard to do early in the year.

1) Triche
2) Carter-Williams
3) Southerland
4) Fair
5) Christmas
6) Keita
7)Cooney
8) Coleman
9) Grant

if we want to have a board vote on the matter, I will bow to the will of the majority
No need to. I'm obviously in the minority which is fine. The good thing is that our team is so deep that it's not a bad thing to be the 8th best rated player on this team.