Return of the 6-0 song | Syracusefan.com

Return of the 6-0 song

Great memories! Any chance you have the companion song: Donnie Mac, he's our quarterback.

Wow. I actually remember that song. Thought it sucked! Haha.

Then again, I was in my “jr should be my senior year” of college.

That whole season was a blur…lol. Lots of OV splits!.

but I think the entire town was strangely confident that we were going to unleash fury on Penn St. that day.

But never expected it to be so one sided. The pent up frustration was palpable. McPherson to Moore was an emotional cathartic moment that I don’t think can ever be replicated.

It was little bother kicking big brother square in the nuts after being picked on for years.

The look on the faces of the Penn St players was just amazing. They were in shock.

Two moments: Duany grabbing Heinrich’s 3 and the PSU defender falling down and Moore streaking to the end zone are my two most iconic moments as an SU fan.

Last edited:
Dcuse and I got in because his buddy took tickets and let us through. So add 2 to the attendance. I remember the Dome just breaking into spontaneous roars during the TV timeouts. It was one of the best days of my life (Not counting real stuff like childrens arrivals and such )

Great memories! Any chance you have the companion song: Donnie Mac, he's our quarterback.
He mentioned that song while on the Mob podcast last weekend. I still can’t hear it, the link isn’t working. I’m sure it’s glorious lol.

but I think the entire town was strangely confident that we were going to unleash fury on Penn St. that day.
I remember the Post Standard (or the Herald, one of the two) printed up an insert in the paper: "Let's Go 6-0!" the week leading up to the Penn State game. My father plucked that out of the paper and taped it to our living room window for the world to see.

I was just a kid, but vividly remember watching Rob Moore catch that first pass on TV (like most good parents, mine had left us home with a babysitter and gone to the game). SU fan for life.

I remember the Post Standard (or the Herald, one of the two) printed up an insert in the paper: "Let's Go 6-0!" the week leading up to the Penn State game. My father plucked that out of the paper and taped it to our living room window for the world to see.

I was just a kid, but vividly remember watching Rob Moore catch that first pass on TV (like most good parents, mine had left us home with a babysitter and gone to the game). SU fan for life.
Yes !!! Remember back then the paper would have those full page Orange signs. I believe they did it for the PSU game and when we reached the final four. As you drove through neighborhoods you could see the signs in windows all over. That was really cool !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom