Revelations from the game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Revelations from the game

In Cameron they put Parker in the high post and I don't know if we have an answer for him there. Not sure why Coach K didn't do that last night. For the record Duke is averaging more than 42% on threes for the year so 45% isn't that far above their average and it's reasonable to expect they could do it again.

If they're shooting twos they're not scoring 3s. I would almost prefer that they try to attack our zone using Parker at the high post. There is a reason they didn't do it on Saturday night and it's not because K wanted to make things easier on us. It's because its not what they are most comfortable doing.

Parker is the only guy they have who can finish on those baseline cuts. Also, putting him at the high post could negate some of their offensive rebounding.

I don't know. I just think it was wrong that they pretty much relegated their most skilled player to simply catching and dunking. We completely ignored Jefferson and Plumlee at the free throw line. At the end of the day, they found a way to overcome that, but I feel like they could have gotten better looks with Jabari at the free throw line and Jefferson being the catch and dunk guy.

I don't know. I just think it was wrong that they pretty much relegated their most skilled player to simply catching and dunking. We completely ignored Jefferson and Plumlee at the free throw line. At the end of the day, they found a way to overcome that, but I feel like they could have gotten better looks with Jabari at the free throw line and Jefferson being the catch and dunk guy.

I will say in the second half we did ignore Jefferson... what hurt us mist was Duke's ability to penetrate into the heart of the zone because we were so spread out to get their perimeter guys. I think we see Parker at the FT line and much more driving against our D to turn the zone into a more m2m look because we are not going to be able to help. If we help we are going to give up a ton of open 3s like we did the other night. I'm not sure what our counter on D is going to be against that strategy except pray that our bigs can block a lot of shots at the hoop and stay out of foul trouble.

I think it will take a miracle for us to win in Cameron. We are just going to have to hope that Duke misses shots.

I will say in the second half we did ignore Jefferson... what hurt us mist was Duke's ability to penetrate into the heart of the zone because we were so spread out to get their perimeter guys. I think we see Parker at the FT line and much more driving against our D to turn the zone into a more m2m look because we are not going to be able to help. If we help we are going to give up a ton of open 3s like we did the other night. I'm not sure what our counter on D is going to be against that strategy except pray that our bigs can block a lot of shots at the hoop and stay out of foul trouble.

I think it will take a miracle for us to win in Cameron. We are just going to have to hope that Duke misses shots.

Your fan privileges should be revoked. We are about to be the #1 team in the country and you think it will be a "miracle" for us to beat Duke in Cameron??? Will it be a tough matchup and is it a tough place to play????...yes, but you make it sound like we have no chance at all to win that game. It would be a miracle for BC to go into Cameron and win, not for us to do so.

To me, the way our guards seemed to cheat down or follow the ball on those little passes from the top of the key tothe foul line hurt us. JB will correct that, but K will make adjusts too. I just think the refs are going to take us to the woodshed so I'm concerned from that perspective. Game is gravy though, so we should just enjoy it.

To me, the way our guards seemed to cheat down or follow the ball on those little passes from the top of the key tothe foul line hurt us. JB will correct that, but K will make adjusts too. I just think the refs are going to take us to the woodshed so I'm concerned from that perspective. Game is gravy though, so we should just enjoy it.

I noticed this during the game as well. It was frustrating as hell watching the guards follow the ball into the lane leaving a shooter wide open at the top. I was really surprised JB didn't correct that in-game. I was also expecting MG to get some run on D late in the game to provide more length to combat their outside shooting.

Exactly why I'd prefer CJ at the foul line when we face a zone. He can shoot from there, drive from there and could pass to Grant and Xmas from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom