rewatched the michigan f4 game for 1st time | Syracusefan.com

rewatched the michigan f4 game for 1st time

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
never watched a replay after watching it live, and since i was really drunk at the time i forgot most of the details. its amazing we had a chance to win with literally 1 player playing well offensively, cj. he singlehandedly kept us in that game. southerland had a open 3 to tie it i think at 48 and missed it, killer. we had all the momentum, bench was ready to explode, michigan was on the ropes, huge miss. southerland, mcw and triche going a combined 1 for 9 from 3 was the difference, we needed to hit a couple more 3s. those 3s by lavert and albrecht in the 1st half won them that game, that gave them a nice lead that they never gave up.

and of course the mcw "block" and the triche "charge" were daggers, if either of those calls are made correctly we might have won. i love bilas calling the triche charge a joke.

I'm impressed that you were able to sit through that game.

Those two calls along with the missed suplex that Butler thug got away with against KJ in 2010 still p*** me off like it was yesterday.

Yeah, I watched part of it the other day. That version on YouTube is the international broadcast with Bilas. It is like a fine wine compared to the CBS/TBS/TNT garbage.

never watched a replay after watching it live, and since i was really drunk at the time i forgot most of the details. its amazing we had a chance to win with literally 1 player playing well offensively, cj. he singlehandedly kept us in that game. southerland had a open 3 to tie it i think at 48 and missed it, killer. we had all the momentum, bench was ready to explode, michigan was on the ropes, huge miss. southerland, mcw and triche going a combined 1 for 9 from 3 was the difference, we needed to hit a couple more 3s. those 3s by lavert and albrecht in the 1st half won them that game, that gave them a nice lead that they never gave up.

and of course the mcw "block" and the triche "charge" were daggers, if either of those calls are made correctly we might have won. i love bilas calling the triche charge a joke.

Much like you, I have never rewatched that game. Yet I've watched the Indiana Sweet Sixteen game about 10 times. Wonder why...

I was at that game...We played terribly and still had a great chance to win. The charge was a BS call (it was right in front of me and it was a clear block). Anyway, MCW and Southerland were god awful that night...

CorduroyG said:
never watched a replay after watching it live, and since i was really drunk at the time i forgot most of the details. its amazing we had a chance to win with literally 1 player playing well offensively, cj. he singlehandedly kept us in that game. southerland had a open 3 to tie it i think at 48 and missed it, killer. we had all the momentum, bench was ready to explode, michigan was on the ropes, huge miss. southerland, mcw and triche going a combined 1 for 9 from 3 was the difference, we needed to hit a couple more 3s. those 3s by lavert and albrecht in the 1st half won them that game, that gave them a nice lead that they never gave up. and of course the mcw "block" and the triche "charge" were daggers, if either of those calls are made correctly we might have won. i love bilas calling the triche charge a joke.
I don't know how or why you guys torture yourselves

Let's not forget Mitch McGary's 12 fouls. Or was it 14?

Still get bummed thinking about that game, sold my tickets for Monday an hour later and just drove home Sunday morning.

Still get bummed thinking about that game, sold my tickets for Monday an hour later and just drove home Sunday morning.

giphy.gif

5 most memorable things about that game...

1. CJ Fair was unstoppable
2. Michigan was choking on a chicken bone for us :eat popcorn:

3. The MCW block :eek: :confused:

4. The Triche charge :mad: :bang:
5. Cooney bringing the ball up on the last possession :vomit:

It's normally hard for guards to foul out. Even harder for guards who play zone to foul out. Yet we had Waiters foul out in 2012 elite 8 and mcw and triche foul out in 2013 final4. How is that wven possible?

I was there and have never watched it again. I have watched the end just to see what those two fouls looked like on TV. Then I got even madder than I had gotten at the game, which is saying something. Just horrible. In no other sport do the umpires/referees consistently ruin the game and influence the outcome like they do in college hoop.

It's normally hard for guards to foul out. Even harder for guards who play zone to foul out. Yet we had Waiters foul out in 2012 elite 8 and mcw and triche foul out in 2013 final4. How is that wven possible?

"They don't want us to win!" - Melo.

5 most memorable things about that game...

1. CJ Fair was unstoppable
2. Michigan was choking on a chicken bone for us :eat popcorn:

3. The MCW block :eek: :confused:

4. The Triche charge :mad: :bang:
5. Cooney bringing the ball up on the last possession :vomit:

One of the first times I have seen a story made better by the use of emojis.

I forgot how much Michigan tried to give us the game in the last 4 minutes yet we just couldn't hit that big shot (J-Smooth missed a few open 3's). Man that was our game to win had we knocked down a few shots. Hitting just one of those would have swung the momentum in our favor and we'd have closed out the game (although his dunk to cut it to 4 with under 2 left was pretty awesome!).

my memory is Barkley and Smith at the half saying we had to get out of the zone or we had no chance to get back into the game. One of many times I said to myself "do these two watch any college basketball at all?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom