RGIII's Top 5 Teams on the Rise | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RGIII's Top 5 Teams on the Rise

If you directly correlate ranking to attention - sure.

But “They didn’t know” was a college football highlight on the wrap-up shows.
Beating Clemson owned Sportcenter.
Beating NC State in was barely noted, other than as a reason to watch to see if Syracuse could beat Clemson the following week. (Spoiler - we did not).

“We were ranked, and that’s enough attention for me!” is kind of a weird take. Because the media absolutely was not taking Syracuse as seriously or devoting as much coverage to Syracuse in 2022 as they did early in Dino’s tenure.
I don't know. They had to pay attention to vote for us. We just weren't a hot story. Both can be true. Maybe what people mean to say is that the media wasn't alerting the general public.

If you directly correlate ranking to attention - sure.

But “They didn’t know” was a college football highlight on the wrap-up shows.
Beating Clemson owned Sportcenter.
Beating NC State in was barely noted, other than as a reason to watch to see if Syracuse could beat Clemson the following week. (Spoiler - we did not).

“We were ranked, and that’s enough attention for me!” is kind of a weird take. Because the media absolutely was not taking Syracuse as seriously or devoting as much coverage to Syracuse in 2022 as they did early in Dino’s tenure.
Yeah nobody talked about the end of the Purdue game. The NCSt game had 49.7K attendance.

SU was not ignored, it just wasn’t about a single game upset which of course generates a high level of immediate, and short lived, interest.

There was plenty of look at the start Syracuse is off to.

The 6-0 start was so under the radar that SU was ranked 14th. There was plenty of attention.
agreed. 6-0 we were getting plenty of publicity. Me and some other Cuse fans were reveling in it, we were enjoying the ride like it was going to be like '87. So I disagree with the notion that were not getting attention and under the radar.

II didn't realize he was unemployed. I liked him doing color commentary.
Fired by ESPN a few days before the season for unknown reasons. Not the only one.

Fired by ESPN a few days before the season for unknown reasons. Not the only one.
ESPN is the american auto industry of the '80's. They care more about cutting cost than they do about a quality product. They keep shoving the Steven A's down our throat and marching out the annoying talking heads on the debate shows, but they get rid of the actual quality talent.

Yeah nobody talked about the end of the Purdue game. The NCSt game had 49.7K attendance.

SU was not ignored, it just wasn’t about a single game upset which of course generates a high level of immediate, and short lived, interest.

There was plenty of look at the start Syracuse is off to.

agreed. 6-0 we were getting plenty of publicity. Me and some other Cuse fans were reveling in it, we were enjoying the ride like it was going to be like '87. So I disagree with the notion that were not getting attention and under the radar.

This is dead on.

Revisionist history is a beautiful thing. ;):)

Sorta.

RGIII is unemployed national media putting posts out there.

I’ll take it. But I would be skeptical too if I were in the national media. And I care a lot more about the future months than 16%-of—the-season accolades.
Not to derail topic but he's got over 2 million followers on X. He's likely making decent money "self" employed.