Ri`Shard Anderson (not bad) | Syracusefan.com

Ri`Shard Anderson (not bad)

The Chief Wahoo

Walk On
Usually a lurker but since the board is so dead maybe this will help some discussion. I Just got done listening to the student radio show and they stated that our corners were questionable. Said that Anderson was not d1 level and that Keon was "serviceable" with no mention of Reddish. I thought that corner was going to be a position of strength this year. They also mentioned that hunt could not content for the starting job at qb. Your thoughts?

My thoughts are nobody on that radio show has ever played football in their life, has no idea where the current players are at in regards to the new staff, and haven't seen anything more from Hunt than we did at 1 spring game where most of the offense was under wraps. As for Allen vs Hunt, all we need to do is look at Funderburk. So many thought he would be the #1 or #2 receiver just because he came from the SEC, when the truth is he has alot of work to do just academically to catch up to the rest of the team. I don't feel Allen will have any academic issues but he has to learn the coaches, the playbook, the WRs, the O-line, etc. Hunt has an advantage in all of those areas already. If Allen wins the position then great, that means he was able to take the reins and hold on but we are talking about a guy who couldn't win the starting job at his last school. I'm not saying he can't be successful but I'm not counting on the next Matt Stafford either.

Am I the only one who feels comforted that they will be operated by college graduates? (college football knowledge aside).

No, you're not alone.

The student's major is probably ferris wheel operation.
The world needs ferris wheel operators too....

carnie.jpg

Rishard improved by leaps and bounds over the course of last season
Agreed. I definitely think he's serviceable. I would prefer to give Reddish more of a look though. I think with the playing time, he could be great.

Keon will be drafted in the first half of next years draft. He's already top 15 on the NFL draft prospects list @ CB.

Ri'Shard has struggled in the past but Reddish has been solid thus far so the fact that the coaches but Anderson ahead of him on the post Spring depth chart says something.

Those students did 0 independent research and likely have never seen any of them play.

not positive but think the kid on the radio show was the "dudes" little cousin from wv

Keon will be drafted in the first half of next years draft. He's already top 15 on the NFL draft prospects list @ CB.

Ri'Shard has struggled in the past but Reddish has been solid thus far so the fact that the coaches but Anderson ahead of him on the post Spring depth chart says something.

Those students did 0 independent research and likely have never seen any of them play.

I'm assuming these are some of the thousands and thousands of students who don't actually show up for games, which still befuddles me.

What's funny about CB is that not only are we pretty solid there -- I'd say we're better than we've been in quite some time and probably as deep or deeper than we've been there since the mid-90s or earlier.

Anderson strikes as a similar player to Willie Ford -- maybe a bit of a tweener in that he's not ideal for corner, but able to play fairly well and contribute in a solid way. I really think Lyn is significantly underrated here and elsewhere. Reddish/Whigam/George may be a bit unproven at this point, but I think they can all play.

I'd grade that position among the stronger on this team, along with DT and RB.

Anderson really improved his coverage skills last season and he has always been our best CB against the run. He really doesn't mind sticking his nose in there and making a hit.

IMO, CB is one of our strongest units on either side of the ball.

Anderson, more than the others, struggles due to our lack of pass rush. He's good off the line in the first 5 yards, good on the first move initially, but ends up trailing the WR 5 yards out of their break or on a 2nd move. He doesn't have elite closing speed but he covers well in the time frame that is reasonably expected for him to cover.

The other under rated thing our CB's all do is hit and tackle. They are all willing to step up and make a play in run support and on screen plays and usually they don't miss which is incredibly important given our defense's history of trying to cover 3 WR's with 2 CB's in 4 WR sets.

Usually a lurker but since the board is so dead maybe this will help some discussion. I Just got done listening to the student radio show and they stated that our corners were questionable. Said that Anderson was not d1 level and that Keon was "serviceable" with no mention of Reddish. I thought that corner was going to be a position of strength this year. They also mentioned that hunt could not content for the starting job at qb. Your thoughts?

Yikes. I have a lot of friends who did student media at SU, many of whom are very talented and good Syracuse fans as well, but there is a sect of Syracuse student media people who seem absolutely terrified to say anything positive about our teams. Not sure what it is, but it drives me nuts. Our CBs should be solid next year, our question marks on D are almost all at DE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yikes. I have a lot of friends who did student media at SU, many of whom are very talented and good Syracuse fans as well, but there is a sect of Syracuse student media people who seem absolutely terrified to say anything positive about our teams. Not sure what it is, but it drives me nuts. Our CBs should be solid next year, our question marks on D are almost all at DE.

I got a grad degree from Newhouse awhile back and there was an odd air of arrogance amongst a few undergrads I interacted with. Obviously they don't represent the school as a whole but I certainly get why they're saying that about the DB's and it's ridiculous. Just speak the facts, SU has lots of returning starters in the secondary, they should be solid. So much of today's media makes me want to punch the wall.

IMO Reddish was the best all season, kid has great talent and betweent he 3 of these we have great experience back there... I'm also intrigued if Julian Whigham gets some burn this season, coming in he was supposed to be pretty good. Well see...

To be honest, I find myself fighting off negative vibes about our team. Didn't used to be that way, until we started sucking. I think if we have a winning season this year, it will finally start to change.

If the corners are the weakness on this team then I fully expect to win 10+ games. These players are one of the few areas I have no worries about what so ever.

No research, saying things that are outrageous just to get "hits", sounds like they are trying to get a job at syracuse.com or the post.

I'm assuming these are some of the thousands and thousands of students who don't actually show up for games, which still befuddles me.

Sadly, you are probably right. When it comes to supporting their football team, Syracuse students are despicable.

I wonder if it's the same show that said Trevor Cooney sucks at playing. I stopped listening right after that.

If they actually called Keon "serviceable" then they are morons. Kid will be drafted.