Rick Majerus | Syracusefan.com

Rick Majerus

I thought you were going to post Majerus had committed to SU also :)

Good news, I guess. When I saw his name, I thought you were going to post that he had a heart attack and died. Hopefully, he can live a less stressful life and get better.

One of my favorite coaches.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

As I recall he was the only coach who gave SU any positive press leading to the 1996 Final Four. He was the only talking head that picked us to get past Dampier and Miss. St. Everyone else treated us like we were the party crashers.

Ditto. I met him at the 1998 Maui Classic. We talked for a minute. He's really a friendly and classy guy, understated, but full of fire, as evidenced by when he upended the water cooler when the refs were favoring Bobby Knight in his game against Indiana. He reminded me of that guy in Cheers.

I always liked him...until I found out he considers Mike Francesa to be one of his closest friends.

A big, big loss for college basketball!! A big-time coach and a very humorous man. Thanks for all you have given and good-luck and stay healthy.

Not a lot of them, he was a likable head coach.

He's a terrific guy. Hope he sheds the weight, takes care of himself, and maybe comes back to broadcasting (he also happens to be as good as anyone in the business, especially if he's prognosticating about Rudy Gay).