"Right from the beginning, this is where I wanted to be." | Syracusefan.com

"Right from the beginning, this is where I wanted to be."

He probably meant right from the beginning when they offered me that nice multi-million dollar NFL contract...

Love the one you're with. It was always you. I swear.

This has already been discussed in another thread. He was referencing the start of the interview process with NFL teams. I had the same reaction that you did initially until i realized it was taken out of context.

I took that to mean once he started getting calls from the NFL after the bowl game, Buffalo is where he wanted to end up. Not "the whole time I was at SU, I was thinking of leaving"

"I'm dying to go to work. We have a lot of work to do," he said.
- He might be a starter, but definitely not a finisher!!

"I will not be calling plays, but everything will go through me," he said.
- Maybe the Bills have some hope after all!

lets dissect this a bit. I missed most of the presser. He always said that he's worked his whole life to get to the SU HC position, and the dream job line. But in all fairness I don't think he ever said this is the last stop on the line. So what's to get so upset about?

If he stiffs the players and school then I get the anger but until then he's just a coach shooting for the stars of his profession. Maybe when he says what you wrote its always been the case for an NFL HC position. We just thought from our own lens of reality that this would be his last stop. Our mistake. So be it.

Lets get a good one here, and if he doesn't punt from the opponents 32 yard line or from their 45 when behind by 10 in the 4th qrt then I'll see the silver lining of this as a gold one.