Right now, at this point in time | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Right now, at this point in time

Agreed but G has been the key to unlocking the offense. Having someone at the 3 who can score, which as you point out is pretty key in JB's offense, has really opened things up. I think Chris is struggling to adjust to the physicality, struggling to learn 2 positions on defense and on top of that is adjusting to a changed role now that Mike has come on. Tyler has benefitted from these changes because its mostly allowed him to come in off the bench and play his natural position (the 4) without needing to do anything outside of his comfort zone.
This. And absolutely this.
The crux of this thread is really more about how essential G has become at the 3, rather than about Tyler being better than Chris. For me, it goes like this: Right now we absolutely need Mike playing the 3 - so then at the 4, who gives us the best combination of defense, rebounding and inside presence? Right now I'd propose that the answer is TR.

Tyler is playing better in large part because he hustles more than Chris. Tyler gives it his all, which helps him be in better position to make a play or help in some form. The other thing is that Chris seems to still be thinking of what he should be doing, instead of just doing it. That second or two to process his thoughts is keeping him from being the stud we all think he can be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom