Right now this team needs someone that shows emotion/a voice | Syracusefan.com

Right now this team needs someone that shows emotion/a voice

Cuse_NYC

Starter
A MCW, Dion, A Devo, Flynn, even a Scoop. Someone that will maybe get into the other teams head and get the crowd going. Look, I'm not saying that every team needs one of these types, but I think this particular team does. It sort of seems like we have a team of really nice, quiet kids. Say Ennis and/or Grant come back next yr... I probably wouldn't be saying this, but this group, right now, needs it.

You are reaching. The team didn't need that to win 25 games, most of which were tough, close affairs. They overcame a double digit deficit against Villanova and came back to beat Pizz on the road without it.

They need to get Grant back and for Cooney to hit some 3s, that's really as much science as there is right now .

Getting Grant back is really the key. I don't expect him to play Sunday though. We'll need to tough another one out at FSU. I want to see TC hit a couple of two's early. I want to see Robison just shoot and not think so much. I want to see less dribbling and more passing from Tyler...Will I see all of that Sunday, maybe not. But I expect to see enough for us to win on Sunday...LGO!

I don't have a voice left to give, I lost it yelling at the TV/Dome while watching the games.

A MCW, Dion, A Devo, Flynn, even a Scoop. Someone that will maybe get into the other teams head and get the crowd going. Look, I'm not saying that every team needs one of these types, but I think this particular team does. It sort of seems like we have a team of really nice, quiet kids. Say Ennis and/or Grant come back next yr... I probably wouldn't be saying this, but this group, right now, needs it.

I agree with you. Clearly, we need to make more shots, etc. But the emotional element is huge. Look at what happened to Duke last night when K became ill and sat passively on the sidelines. In the last horror of a game, I saw Baye motioning to the team to gather around him and he was talking to them. Then they went on their run but it was too little, too late. I believe Andy Rautins was a talker. He also motivated on the court, yelling, "Let's go!" and being clearly fired up. Ennis, CJ, Rak, G all quiet. When Cooney is hitting he gets animated, but that was years ago. I would love to see Boeheim standing on the sidelines cheering everything we do right, in addition to showing ire when we do something wrong. These guys need a boost of confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom