RIP Beverly Cleary | Syracusefan.com

RIP Beverly Cleary

My mom was a elementary and middle school librarian in a school district around Syracuse when I was growing up. To say that The Mouse & the Motorcycle, Runaway Ralph, Ramona Quincy Age 8 were an important part of my upbringing would be an understatement. Along with Judy Blume and Bill Peet, Beverly Cleary was foundational in encouraging me to read. RIP BC.

My mom was a elementary and middle school librarian in a school district around Syracuse when I was growing up. To say that The Mouse & the Motorcycle, Runaway Ralph, Ramona Quincy Age 8 were an important part of my upbringing would be an understatement. Along with Judy Blume and Bill Peet, Beverly Cleary was foundational in encouraging me to read. RIP BC.
I wish I could like this about a hundred times. While in elementary school, we would have class visits to the library after which Mrs. Rankin the librarian would read to us. Beezus & Ramona, and Henry Huggins, were among our favorites, along with Curious George and occasionally Dr Suess. It was magical, sitting spellbound on the floor while she crafted words on a page into stories that seemingly came to life. That whole experience is a huge reason why I'm still an avid reader today. RIP BC, indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom