RIP Dr. Bobby Brown | Syracusefan.com

RIP Dr. Bobby Brown

Boy that's going back. He caught McCovey's line drive to end the 7th game of the '62 World Series. Rizzuto always called him "The Doctor." Look at that pic above. Probably Spring Training. No fences. Sandlot field. Different time.

1616693786241.png

You think you know something for 50+ years and then reality gets in the way.
What else have I misapprehended? I shall reflect on my humanity the rest of the day

Don't sweat it. I thought 12 +1 +1 = 12!

i was there that day!!

and just like when i was a kid and heard Bobby Brown, I knew it wasn’t him, but I thought of this guy...

View attachment 198768
Remember those old Donruss cards? They sold those one year at our concession stand at little league. You could get 3 or 4 of the same player in the same pack. Never a good player though.

Remember those old Donruss cards? They sold those one year at our concession stand at little league. You could get 3 or 4 of the same player in the same pack. Never a good player though.

I started buying baseball cards in 1964. I finally got a Roberto Clemente in 1967. By then I had enough Al Luplows to paper the walls of my bedroom.

1616731571565.png

I started buying baseball cards in 1964. I finally got a Roberto Clemente in 1967. By then I had enough Al Luplows to paper the walls of my bedroom.

View attachment 198796

Cards like Luplow's quickly migrated down to animate the spokes in our bicycle wheels. Well, for those that still had fenders, anyway. :)

I would get a Jerry Don Gleaton in every pack and never heard of the guy ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom