RIP, Igor ... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RIP, Igor ...

Never knew him but enjoyed his posts. I remember his grandson would type for him. Shows what a passionate fan he was that he found a way to participate even after a stroke...Does anyone know how old he was?
Around 77 or so. 1967 Oswego St grad I think

Everyone I assume is familiar with the zone as “tavern league” but imo the best was when he would go to practices and rave about how so-and-so was doing. Because you know he was setting up later posts during the season to rip Boeheim for keeping said player on the bench.

Matt Gorman would be All-Big Ten!!
Thus the term "Boeheimed " What other poster created 2 discriptive terms that are still in use today!

I've missed his posts.

I completely missed this! I spend time away from the hoops board during the summer but this is truly sad and another moment on the river. Studigor was a fantastic heel poster who always had his lane and stuck to it.

The board lost its middle finger to some extent. Hopefully as Syracuse hoops remains a national idea for college basketball, more Igors pop up and continue to push the envelope of entertaining posts. After all this is an outlet for info, entertainment and fandom.

RIP

One of the true characters/legends in the history of Syracusefan.com.

Igor could be a curmudgeon, he could get people angry, he could cause the admins to throw up their hands. But no one could doubt his love for SU basketball. He suffered a severe stroke a few years ago and stopped posting. I, for one, missed him.

He will always be remembered here by the annual Iggy Awards for basketball predictions.

I‘m sorry to see this.

All of our conversations were about 15 or 20 years ago and all of them started with something like, “why was my post deleted” or “why am I banned again?”

I imagine the answer was usually me begging him to drop the tavern league stuff. Absolutely drove me nuts.

But I met him at some event - perhaps a BocaDoug thing - seemed like a terrific guy. Sad piece of news to stumble onto…all the best to his friends and family.

Although he never used Goose or Moose on the board.

I think he used them on syracuse.com. That was a good home for a while, since all the media was already there. But their refusal to institute a log-in system ruined it.