RIP Jake Crouthamel | Syracusefan.com

RIP Jake Crouthamel

A good man. RIP Jake. He always did a lot for the long term donors and his point system was fair until Gross came along and decided to reward the Johnny come lately’s only. I smoked many a cigarette with him in the downstairs basement bar at MSG. A quiet man.

A good man. RIP Jake. He always did a lot for the long term donors and his point system was fair until Gross came along and decided to reward the Johnny come lately’s only. I smoked many a cigarette with him in the downstairs basement bar at MSG. A quiet man.
I puffed one with him at the Purdue football game where we got spanked fifty something to zero.
Never met the guy and he sees me standing by Mackey arena wearing Syracuse gear and approached me and said we are going to have to root extra hard today. I guess he knew more about what was about to happen than I did.Seeemed like a real nice down to earth guy.

I loved his Dartmouth football teams growing up. They routinely beat Harvard, Yale, and notably Ed Marinaro, which said to me smart kids could play football.

SI had a great line about that Dartmouth-Cornell game. It was played in Hanover and it talked about how toward the end of the game "the Dartmouth students were serenading him with 'Goodbye, Heisman' while Bud {Wilkinson} and Chris {Schenkel} were golly geewhizzing up in the stands."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom