RIP Jerry Lewis | Syracusefan.com

RIP Jerry Lewis

I loved Jerry Lewis, saw his act in Las Vegas in the 90's. His movies back when cable was new and I could watch WPIX got me through many, many hard times at home. He influenced so many comics including obviously Eddie Murphy, Robin Williams, Richard Prior. He was a complicated man, I would guess that most comics are. He also invented the video assist that was still being used well into the 2000's. I have a CD of when he used to prank call people back in the dialing for dollars days, it's hilarious. Colgate Comedy hour is genius as well. It's a sad day today

A talented guy with a very large ego.

The Martin and Lewis movies were hilarious for anyone under the age of 10.

RIP

I loved Jerry Lewis, saw his act in Las Vegas in the 90's. His movies back when cable was new and I could watch WPIX got me through many, many hard times at home. He influenced so many comics including obviously Eddie Murphy, Robin Williams, Richard Prior. He was a complicated man, I would guess that most comics are. He also invented the video assist that was still being used well into the 2000's. I have a CD of when he used to prank call people back in the dialing for dollars days, it's hilarious. Colgate Comedy hour is genius as well. It's a sad day today
Hell to the yes, most comics are complicated. That's both a bug and a feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom