RIP Jerry Tarkanian | Syracusefan.com

RIP Jerry Tarkanian

"The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky they put Cleveland State on probation."

I will chomp on a white towel in honor of The Shark. Say what you want about him but Tarkanian was an original, a character and a legend. RIP.

Who will be #3?

JT-II? Sutton?

Tark told some great recruiting stories in his autobio. Everybody else cheated but him, you see.

1990 semi-final - UNLV 131 Loyola Marymount 101
1990 final - UNLV 103 Duke 73

That's called blowing through the tournament.

That must have been the elite 8 or 16 game against Loyola. They made a nice run, but not to the final four.

that '91 unlv team that lost to duke in f4 may be the best college team ive ever seen
Yup. They wouldn't have beaten LSU by 1 point last night. I'll tell you that much

That must have been the elite 8 or 16 game against Loyola. They made a nice run, but not to the final four.
I believe it was an elite 8 game. Wasn't everyone behind Loyola because of some tragedy that happened prior? Can't remember the specifics off hand.

Yes, that should say quarters. They beat Georgia Tech in the semis 90-81.

Anybody who sues the NCAA and gets a Multi-million dollar settlement from that cartel of an organization is okay by my book. RIP to the Shark.

Tark told some great recruiting stories in his autobio. Everybody else cheated but him, you see.

I never respected Tark after he threw JB under the bus like he did.