RIP Jim Bouton | Syracusefan.com

RIP Jim Bouton

Great book. Groundbreaking, changed everything. Hard to believe it has been half a century.

Last edited:
Great book...and this is a great documentary ..Bouton plays a part.

The Battered Bastards of Baseball

The Battered Bastards of Baseball | Netflix Official Site

Wikipedia..

The Battered Bastards of Baseball received positive reviews from critics and has a score of 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.[12]

Scott Foundas of Variety, said in his review that "So rife with underdog victors and hairpin twists of fortune that, if it weren't all true, no one would believe it."[13]Duane Byrge in his review for The Hollywood Reporter praised the film by saying that "The Battered Bastards of Baseball is not just about baseball. It transcends the game and is a charming anti-establishment yarn that should delight audiences who don't even know an r.b.i. from a balk."[14]
Dustin Krcatovich, from Esquire, wrote "easily one of the most raucously entertaining films to come out this year, and the best sports documentary in a while." [15]Katie Walsh of Indiewire graded the film B+ by saying that "The Batterered Bastards of Baseball is an entertaining celebration of the independent spirit and the love of the game."[16]
The New York Daily News listed the documentary as one of the 10 best films of 2014.[17]

Great book...and this is a great documentary ..Bouton plays a part.

The Battered Bastards of Baseball

The Battered Bastards of Baseball | Netflix Official Site

Wikipedia..

The Battered Bastards of Baseball received positive reviews from critics and has a score of 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.[12]

Scott Foundas of Variety, said in his review that "So rife with underdog victors and hairpin twists of fortune that, if it weren't all true, no one would believe it."[13]Duane Byrge in his review for The Hollywood Reporter praised the film by saying that "The Battered Bastards of Baseball is not just about baseball. It transcends the game and is a charming anti-establishment yarn that should delight audiences who don't even know an r.b.i. from a balk."[14]
Dustin Krcatovich, from Esquire, wrote "easily one of the most raucously entertaining films to come out this year, and the best sports documentary in a while." [15]Katie Walsh of Indiewire graded the film B+ by saying that "The Batterered Bastards of Baseball is an entertaining celebration of the independent spirit and the love of the game."[16]
The New York Daily News listed the documentary as one of the 10 best films of 2014.[17]
I enjoyed the film. I'm thinking about getting one of these:
https://www.503-sports.com/search?type=product&q=portland+mavericks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom