RIP Larry King | Syracusefan.com

RIP Larry King

Hearing his name always makes me feel sick. I was in New Orleans on a business trip the day of a certain SU hoop game. Got out of a meeting, hopped in the rental car, flipped on the radio, and listened to Larry King talking about how much money he had just lost on SU-Richmond.

Ugh!

I always remember Larry's USA Today column. Just a bunch of random observations. This article describes it perfectly.

His column in USA Today, which ran for nearly 20 years until 2001, showcased King's distinct style in print, inviting readers down a trail of non-sequiturs that served as a window into his mind.

"The most underutilized player in the NFL this year was Washington's Desmond Howard...Despite what you think of Lawrence Walsh, we will always have the need for a special prosecutor because a government cannot investigate itself," King wrote in a 1992 column.

Yikes! The last commercial after SU post-game on my RSN was a Larry King Omega XL commercial.

Too late to cancel it, I guess. :(

“I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I'm going to learn, I must do it by listening.” -Larry King

My dad used to say it this way:

"You learn more by listening than you do by talking."

Of course, if everybody took that to heart, nobody would ever learn anything. Nobody would be saying anything to listen to.

My dad used to say it this way:

"You learn more by listening than you do by talking."

Of course, if everybody took that to heart, nobody would ever learn anything. Nobody would be saying anything to listen to.
I could handle that for a few weeks.

Rip Larry. He was married 8 times. Holy smokes.
But only to seven women, as one he married twice. Mickey Rooney married eight different women.

RIP, Larry.

Rip Larry. He was married 8 times. Holy smokes.

Yeah hopefully he had a good lawyer or I'd hate to have to try to figure out that estate.

But only to seven women, as one he married twice. Mickey Rooney married eight different women.

RIP, Larry.

They were both optimists, drawn to other optimists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom