RIP Manny Klutchkowski | Syracusefan.com

RIP Manny Klutchkowski

CaliBob'63

Walk On
I just received my Syracuse Magazine and noted with sadness the passing of Manfred Klutchkowski. "Klutch" was a warm-hearted benchwarmer during the Boeheim years who befriended many of his classmates including myself during those resurgent years. He didn't see much action but always won cheers from his fans when he played.

"The Boeheim years" spans the lifetime of 99% of the world's population. Do you know when he played?

<edit> 61-63

I just received my Syracuse Magazine and noted with sadness the passing of Manfred Klutchkowski. "Klutch" was a warm-hearted benchwarmer during the Boeheim years who befriended many of his classmates including myself during those resurgent years. He didn't see much action but always won cheers from his fans when he played.

Hahahahahaha yeah you're going to have to be waaaaaaaay more specific.

Given your handle has '63 in it I assume youre talking about when JB played?

He never played with JB. He was a senior when JB was on the freshman team (1962-63). His career marked seriously terrible years for SU varsity basketball...including part of the skein when we set the then-NCAA record for consecutive losses.

Manny Klutschkowski

Last edited:
He never played with JB. He was a senior when JB was on the freshman team (1962-63). His career marked seriously terrible years for SU varsity basketball...including part of the skein when we set the then-NCAA record for consecutive losses.

Manny Klutschkowski
Joyce,
Thanks for the intelligent and constructive correction. I was at SU from 1959 thru 1966. I was and am a big SU fan and attended all the basketball and football home games...I should have rechecked my memories. Nonetheless, Klutch was a good guy and deserved the shoutout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom