RIP Markus Paul | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Markus Paul

I remember him being the representative professional athlete at career day, a while after his career was over. Seemed like a soft spoken, great guy. This is horrible

What a phenomenal player for the Cuse. So many great memories of his play. Very sad day indeed.

RIP Markus Paul our hearts are deeply saddened as we pray for you and your family to be comforted in this time of grief , It was an absolute joy to watch Markus dominate so many games for the orange his 2 records of 3 interceptions in one game and 19 career interceptions rank him #1 in the SU. record books, and his hard hitting tackles were felt through the carrier dome, Markus was a big part of coach Mac's plan to start recruiting the talent rich state of Florida and man did he hit the jackpot with Markus Paul perhaps the best DB. to ever don the ORANGE Thanks for the memories Markus may the good Lord rest your soul.

Leader of what for many of us is the greatest Syracuse team of all time. For any younger fans that don’t know all that much about him, he was an absolute star player at SU. Plenty who would say he’s one of their favorites to ever play here, including me. If you were a mid 80’s kid playing football in CNY you wanted to be Markus Paul.

Sad all over again. Too young. RIP.

Any chance of a condolence card from the Syracuse fan community passed along to the family?

Great SU player. Rest in peace. I will never forget the hit he put on a Maryland receiver saving a touchdown as the ball fell to the turf, during the 1987 season. I was at the opposite end of the Dome and I could hear the hit. Never forget how he came to play every snap! He never gave up on the field.

Sad to hear. Screw 2020. Can someone with knowledge tell me how he became and S&C coach. Tons of game experience and really good player just didn’t want the football coaching roles?

Absolutely enjoyed watching Marcus in Orange. What a terrific player and representative of the program. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom