RIP Markus Paul | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Markus Paul

So what is the accurate information?
Per the Daily Orange:

Former Syracuse All-American and current Dallas Cowboys strength and conditioning coach Markus Paul was taken to the hospital after collapsing at the Cowboys team facility Tuesday morning, his daughter Tabitha Paul confirmed to The Daily Orange.

Paul is currently at a local hospital and was pronounced brain dead, but he is still breathing, Tabitha said.

Per the Daily Orange:

Former Syracuse All-American and current Dallas Cowboys strength and conditioning coach Markus Paul was taken to the hospital after collapsing at the Cowboys team facility Tuesday morning, his daughter Tabitha Paul confirmed to The Daily Orange.

Paul is currently at a local hospital and was pronounced brain dead, but he is still breathing, Tabitha said.
Thank you for clarifying. That is horrible to hear. My sympathy to his family. Markus was really really good. Some of the youngins on this board may not remember but he would bring the wood on receivers and TEs. I am ready to get the frig out of 2020.

Thank you for clarifying. That is horrible to hear. My sympathy to his family. Markus was really really good. Some of the youngins on this board may not remember but he would bring the wood on receivers and TEs. I am ready to get the frig out of 2020.

I really started following SU football during the 1985 Cherry Bowl year when I was 9 years old. Markus and Tim Green were the first 2 real football stars I remember and unfortunately both of their situations are not that great right now. Very sad news.

Last edited:
My prayers go out to Markus and his loved ones. He was a key player on the undefeated team, leading a really, really talented defense. I think he led the country in INTs that year, iirc.
That's just more tough news for the SU family. This year has sucked so bad.

There's something a little extra disturbing when people who appear to be in extremely good shape have underlying cardiac issues. It's not that they're invincible but it just seems less possible.

I obviously don't know if this was a known medical issue for Markus or not but, regardless, don't put off getting your checkups, everybody.

The reality of the situation is that so much of your longevity is genetics based .. it’s not something we like to talk about ... because there is nothing you can do about it... but it’s the truth..

Obviously it goes without saying that Markus was a beast on the field. He was so good, think the defense’s answer to Marvin Harrison.
But he was also so respected on campus. I was a freshman when he was a senior and it was common knowledge he was not just a good football player, he was an achiever and a winner as a person. I was devastated when I heard the news and like everyone in the Orange family I am hoping for a miracle.

1606347001555.png

Terrible news especially right before Thanksgiving, my condolences to his family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom