RIP Toby Keith | Syracusefan.com

RIP Toby Keith

62 years old. Very sad. Even though his bar in Syracuse wasn't a hit, he was an incredibly successful businessman in addition to being a very successful musician.

62 years old. Very sad. Even though his bar in Syracuse wasn't a hit, he was an incredibly successful businessman in addition to being a very successful musician.

His bar at Destiny had a moment. It was the place to go on weekends when it first opened up. Unfortunately, I think the space was way too big for where it was and eventually when crowds died down, the bar would feel deserted even if there were 200 people in it. Was a good spot for live music any night of the week, though.

Yup. place was too big for Syracuse to support it night after night.

Yup. place was too big for Syracuse to support it night after night.

Think they got sold a bill of goods by the Congels about what type of tourist destination that place was going to be and then, well, we all know how that turned out.

Think they got sold a bill of goods by the Congels about what type of tourist destination that place was going to be and then, well, we all know how that turned out.
plus they didnt pay taxes.

His bar at Destiny had a moment. It was the place to go on weekends when it first opened up. Unfortunately, I think the space was way too big for where it was and eventually when crowds died down, the bar would feel deserted even if there were 200 people in it. Was a good spot for live music any night of the week, though.
And I'm sure the Congels didn't give them a sweetheart deal on the rent.

plus they didnt pay taxes.
You must not understand what Payment In Lieu Of Taxes (PILOT) means.
It is a schedule of set payments over a period of time to allow budget certainty.
It’s common practice between developers and municipalities. It’s been around a long time.
My father was involved with one for Schlitz/Anheuser-Busch in Lysander decades ago.

It is a schedule of set payments over a period of time to allow budget certainty.
It’s common practice between developers and municipalities. It’s been around a long time.
My father was involved with one for Schlitz/Anheuser-Busch in Lysander decades ago.
I thought they got in trouble for running off with tax money and got shut down?

He was talking about Toby Keith's bar, not Destiny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom