Risk Management | Syracusefan.com

Risk Management

VaBeachOrFan

2nd String
CHARLOTTESVILLE -- Sitting here with a UVA hangover, it dawned on me that one cronic problem the Cuse needs to address can be seen in terms of risk managment. JB does an excellent job at managing risks that are high probability/low impact -- i.e., in managing fouls his players accumulate during the game. He shifts players, rests players, and changes game tempo to keep his players from fouling out.

However, in terms of managing the low probability/high impact risks, not so good. When AO went down in 2010, it doomed the team's tournament hopes. Same when Fab dropped out in 2012. Now Grant goes down and there is no Plan B. JB "tunes" his team so that his best 6-7 players play at a very high level and win lots of games, but take a tire off the car and the car can't finish the race. The Patriots train their players to a Next Man Up philosophy, which is tailor-made to mitigate those low probability/high impact risks. What's in JB's Risk Management Plan? Just askin'.--VBOF

P.S.: They said the UVA crowd was the loudest since the Taylor Swift concert. True -- my ears are still ringing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom