Rivera picks Pedroia over Cano | Syracusefan.com

Rivera picks Pedroia over Cano

The cynic in me wonders if he would feel the same way if Cano had stayed in NY.

He wouldn't. This non-hustle stuff is nonsense.

They need to leave Cano alone. He's just jealous because Cano made 70 million more in his 10 year deal than Mariano made for his career.

I think Pedroia's the better player.

I think Pedroia's the better player.

I'd go with Cano. If he's slightly better than Pedroia without putting much effort into it, just imagine if you can get him to try hard!

I am a Yankee fan and I would go with Pedroia. He has a slightly higher WAR since 2007 and is clearly superior defensively no matter what John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman say.

I feel no ill will towards Cano though. I think the "no fire" stuff is nonsense and likely just a result of his personality. I wish him well in Seattle.

All the measurables favor Cano (and he has the prettiest lefty swing since Griffey), but I'm taking Pedroia as a player, teammate, and leader. There's a reason he'll have a C on his Sox jersey before too long.

I am a Yankee fan and I would go with Pedroia. He has a slightly higher WAR since 2007 and is clearly superior defensively no matter what John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman say.

I feel no ill will towards Cano though. I think the "no fire" stuff is nonsense and likely just a result of his personality. I wish him well in Seattle.

Pedroia does??? That's not true.

Cano even beats him over that span with an abysmal WAR in 2008 where he pulled a zero.

All the measurables favor Cano (and he has the prettiest lefty swing since Griffey), but I'm taking Pedroia as a player, teammate, and leader. There's a reason he'll have a C on his Sox jersey before too long.

Silly, intangibles. His dad was probably a coach too.

Here's a statistical analysis of the two. In a comparison of two rather evenly matched players overall, I don't see why you'd diminish Pedroia's impact on AND off the field.

lol...sorry, didn't mean that to be taken wrong. Kind of a play on the white player in basketball who gets extra credit for intangibles! Just a joke!

Pedroia is great, I just like Cano and feel like people make him out to be some monster because he doesn't hustle on every ground ball back to the pitcher. 80%, 50% - who cares. Cano plays more games on average per year than Pedroia, maybe because he doesn't bust his ass on those easy outs. :)

Now that he has the beard and looks a bit more like Big Papi I would imagine people will begin taking his lack of hustle as a cute little foible. :)

WAR is a flawed stat, IMO, but I do think Cano is a bit overrated b/c he has such a scintillating set of tools. Scouts and baseball people drool over that. At the end of the day, having cano or pedroia at 2B is a good thing. Although paying cano $240M makes it a little less good for the Ms.

Id still take Cano over Pedroia, this hustle s.hit is nonsense as someone else said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom