ROAD HOUSE (2024) | Syracusefan.com

ROAD HOUSE (2024)

tbonezone

Living Legend
ok it's up on prime . well that was pretty bad ! hard to say worse than the original cuz that was bad too. i should know i've seen it 20x. premise and plot...ridiculuos like the original. fight scenes perhaps a bit more graphic but seriously over choreographed . dudes surviving and walking away from clearly fatal mishaps. the acting and dialogue...writer's strike maybe ? let's just say connor mcgregor earned his almost certain razzie nominations. no sam eliot thread here.sexy doctor but less romance and more dirty cops. perhaps perfect fare for a drive in double feature . or if you just want to order pizza and watch something beside the tourney cuz your team seriously underperformed all season and you just need to numbwash your brain.

Last edited:
ok it's up on prime . well that was pretty bad ! hard to say worse than the original cuz that was bad too. i should know i've seen it 20x. premise and plot...ridiculuos like the original. fight scenes perhaps a bit more graphic but seriously over choreographed . dudes surviving and walking away from clearly fatal mishaps. the acting and dialogue...writer's strike maybe ? let's just say connor mcgregor earned his almost certain razzie nominations. no sam eliot thread here.sexy doctor but less romance and more dirty cops. perhaps perfect fare for a drive in double feature . or if you just want to order pizza and watch something beside the tourney cuz your team seriously underperformed all season and you just need to numbwash your brain.
Sounds like it has really high good bad movie potential.

Nothing wrong with it. Change the premise a touch, which was fine.

Jake was good in the role.

The first one was fun, its not really a masterpiece of film.

The speeded some things up a touch, but all in all watchable as fluff entertainment

ive watched gthe original probably 200 times. One of those movies I love to watch even though its pretty bad. The new one looks horiffic
So funny, I feel the same exact way. When I see it's on, I can't miss it yet it's horrible.
Just watched the current one and it's "never want to see it again horrible."

" Pain don't hurt."

Nothing wrong with it. Change the premise a touch, which was fine.

Jake was good in the role.

The first one was fun, its not really a masterpiece of film.

The speeded some things up a touch, but all in all watchable as fluff entertainment
It was dreadful. So disappointed in as good an actor as Jake Gyllenhaal is, taking this role. A major hit on his legacy. It was that bad.

I’ve seen the original Roadhouse dozens of times. It’s a classic. Swayze is fantastic and they actually develop the characters, making the film fun to watch. Is some of it campy? Absolutely. “I want you to be nice until it’s time not to be nice.”

The new Roadhouse is absolutely “meh”. I think Gyllenhaal does a commendable job with a shallow script and awful secondary character development. MacGregor is abysmal. Jessica Williams is enjoyable in her role as the bar owner (she’s great in Apple+’s Shrinking). But holy heck…talk about a remake that was unnecessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom