Road Trips '18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Road Trips '18

Would we ever get a BC game that's not late season?
It’s our currently designated intra-conference “rival”. It’ll remain as the regular season closer until that designation changes.

It’s our currently designated intra-conference “rival”. It’ll remain as the regular season closer until that designation changes.
Correct. Everyone in the conference has a rival assigned for the final week of the regular season. Ours is BC.

I don't see that changing unless ACC football goes from 14 to 16 teams. If that happened, I would expect Notre Dame to get paired with BC instead of us. Our pairing would depend on who else was added.

If it was West Virginia, Pitt would play them and we would play Miami.
If it was UCF, we would play Pitt and Miami would play UCF (Miami would hate that). Same applies for USF.
If it was Cincinnati, I would think Pitt would play Cincinnati and we would play Miami.
If it was Temple, I would think Pitt would play the Owls and we would play Miami.
If it was UConn, we would surely end up playing them.
If it was Texas, I would think Texas would play Notre Dame and we would still play BC.

Correct. Everyone in the conference has a rival assigned for the final week of the regular season. Ours is BC.

Is that new? We played BC on 10/22 in 2016 (Pitt was the last game of that season)

Clemson is a beautiful campus. Went during the summer. Pitt is not bad for those of us in the Northeast.

Is that new? We played BC on 10/22 in 2016 (Pitt was the last game of that season)
Last year was the anomaly. Not sure what drove it. Every other year since we joined the ACC we have closed against our historic Rival - BC. I guess I don't understand the rationale for that. If this is our true rivalry game why play it at the end of the season, on a holiday weekend, with no students on campus and with both teams' bowl fate - one way or the other - likely to be already determined? Let alone the fact that while Boston is a GREAT city to visit, as someone who has sat on ice covered bleachers in a half empty Alumni Stadium more than once, the football aesthetics aren't the best.

If this is truly a rivalry game I'd love to see us jump start interest and OPEN the conference season every year against BC.

Last year was the anomaly. Not sure what drove it. Every other year since we joined the ACC we have closed against our historic Rival - BC. I guess I don't understand the rationale for that. If this is our true rivalry game why play it at the end of the season, on a holiday weekend, with no students on campus and with both teams' bowl fate - one way or the other - likely to be already determined? Let alone the fact that while Boston is a GREAT city to visit, as someone who has sat on ice covered bleachers in a half empty Alumni Stadium more than once, the football aesthetics aren't the best.

If this is truly a rivalry game I'd love to see us jump start interest and OPEN the conference season every year against BC.

That weekend has a ton the traditional rivalry games. Auburn - Bama, UNC-NCSU, OSU-Michigan...

That weekend has a ton the traditional rivalry games. Auburn - Bama, UNC-NCSU, OSU-Michigan...

I realize that and it makes sense for games with national interest where it is a TV event. Don't think Cuse - BC is at that level and for the reasons stated I think the in stadium experience is actually diminished with the Thanksgiving weekend timing.

I realize that and it makes sense for games with national interest where it is a TV event. Don't think Cuse - BC is at that level and for the reasons stated I think the in stadium experience is actually diminished with the Thanksgiving weekend timing.

I agree with that but I don't think the schedule-makers care.

If we were doing better and the people that do go home for Thanksgiving weekend, it's a nice chance to catch a game.

that was because duke and wake forest had to play in september because of lack of available teams to play during week 2 and it was that or bye

I don't see that changing unless ACC football goes from 14 to 16 teams. If that happened, I would expect Notre Dame to get paired with BC instead of us. Our pairing would depend on who else was added.

If it was West Virginia, Pitt would play them and we would play Miami.
If it was UCF, we would play Pitt and Miami would play UCF (Miami would hate that). Same applies for USF.
If it was Cincinnati, I would think Pitt would play Cincinnati and we would play Miami.
If it was Temple, I would think Pitt would play the Owls and we would play Miami.
If it was UConn, we would surely end up playing them.
If it was Texas, I would think Texas would play Notre Dame and we would still play BC.

I would think ND would play Miami.

I would think ND would play Miami.
They don't have the long history or shared Catholic backgrounds but that would be a compelling matchup as well.

My guess is that ND would prefer to play BC but ESPN would prefer Miami.

Wait BC has terrible tailgating vs us? That's preposterous. They equally pale behind the bigger schools for sure but aren't TERRIBLE. I have had some of my best times at a BC tailgate. It all comes down to knowing someone from BC and being on the baseball field. That's a good tailgate area.

I also have "tailgated" at Maryannes on Beacon Street. That is a fun scene pregame. Also a great postgame when I went back there post "Sombrero Game" in 2004.

I'm planning to make the trip to either
1. Pittsburgh or Clemson
2. Notre Dame

I would like to do Western Michigan - only 45 minutes from Grand Rapids which is a fun city. Founders brewery is there along with a handful of other good ones. Unfortunately can't make that trip though.

Craft Breweries in Grand Rapids, MI

God i wish we played VT and Miami annually instead of Wake and Nc St.

God i wish we played VT and Miami annually instead of Wake and Nc St.

Would be kind of cool to split the divisions

Legacy Division
UNC
NC State
Wake Forest
UVa
Clemson
Duke

FSU

Interloper Division
Syracuse
Pitt
Boston College
Louisville
Virginia Tech
Miami

Georgia Tech

Would be kind of cool to split the divisions

Legacy Division
UNC
NC State
Wake Forest
UVa
Clemson
Duke

FSU

Interloper Division
Syracuse
Pitt
Boston College
Louisville
Virginia Tech
Miami

Georgia Tech
No thanks.

BTW: Georgia Tech has been in the ACC longer than FSU.

Let’s just go with the previous rotating divisions. Play everyone twice every four years. Much better solution.

No thanks.

BTW: Georgia Tech has been in the ACC longer than FSU.

Let’s just go with the previous rotating divisions. Play everyone twice every four years. Much better solution.

Yeah I know but thought we would go with one Florida team in each Division.

1. Pittsburgh or Clemson
2. Notre Dame

I would like to do Western Michigan - only 45 minutes from Grand Rapids which is a fun city. Founders brewery is there along with a handful of other good ones. Unfortunately can't make that trip though.

Fun city indeed. Under the radar. Been to Founders, Brewery Vivant, etc. Pittsburgh and Kalamazoo are my choices. Pittsburgh is a fantastic city these days and I like the idea of parlaying KZoo into a Chicago extended weekend. Southern Tier put a taproom in by the stadiums recently in PIT. Also, Brew Gentlemen in the Braddock area of PIT is awesome. Their General Braddock IPA right now is at the top of list of NE style/juicy IPAs.

Fun city indeed. Under the radar. Been to Founders, Brewery Vivant, etc. Pittsburgh and Kalamazoo are my choices. Pittsburgh is a fantastic city these days and I like the idea of parlaying KZoo into a Chicago extended weekend. Southern Tier put a taproom in by the stadiums recently in PIT. Also, Brew Gentlemen in the Braddock area of PIT is awesome. Their General Braddock IPA right now is at the top of list of NE style/juicy IPAs.
Very cool, I did not realize Braddock was right there. I saw that one on the end of year top 10 list
The 10 Best Breweries of 2017

1. Pittsburgh or Clemson
2. Notre Dame

I have a feeling our WMU taikgate will have some donated A-B product. Thanks to OrangeJet I was introduced to Goose Island and buy it occasionally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom