Roads are terrible, visibility awful, up to 6 inches of snow expected | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Roads are terrible, visibility awful, up to 6 inches of snow expected

Anyone know how 81 is? My road in Binghamton hasn't been plowed yet.

Where is everyone going before the game? Me and the Ms' are going up early to grab some drinks and something to eat. Never "hung out" up there before and don't really know where to go for decent food. We want to go to Mannys as well.

Where is everyone going before the game? Me and the Ms' are going up early to grab some drinks and something to eat. Never "hung out" up there before and don't really know where to go for decent food. We want to go to Mannys as well.
Faegans. Better get there soon

The snow is all but stopped now and is forecasted to be totally clear by game time. No problem! Just nature's warning message to Pitt fans.:p
Thanks, Cherie. That was the news I wanted to hear. We got about half an inch in Brockport, and it stopped several hours ago. I still might add a bit of time for my drive.

Anyone know how 81 is? My road in Binghamton hasn't been plowed yet.

Joe, my buddy from Vestal called a little while ago. He had to go to a soccer game in Johnson City and said the roads are terrible . I'm sure all will be fine in short order but we're leaving at noon.

we are syracuse fans -the post office stole our motto -

nor rain nor sleet nor snow will keep us from watching jimmy b coach hoops and get drunk and have a dome dog-

granted they might have cleaned it up some but its still mostly ours

In my finest teacher voice, "Drive carefully out there."

upperdeck said:
they have to fly in the day before so that removes most of those type issues

The crew at Syracuse is recognized as the best in the business when it comes to snow removal and rarely have delays associated with snow.

The have the world's largest snow plow if I recall correctly.

The crew at Syracuse is recognized as the best in the business when it comes to snow removal and rarely have delays associated with snow.

The have the world's largest snow plow if I recall correctly.
I always thought the largest were at each end of the Thruway. They are huge. Of course the one that goes over Tug Hill must have a monster blower on it to create those 20 foot banks.

Just got into town. Around 1:45 so not too bad. Couple of iffy spots and 3 or 4 cars off the road but nothing to worry about.

roads were fine except for the idiots going 50 on 481

SYRACUSE'S TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART

60° F: Arizonans shiver uncontrollably; people in Syracuse are still sunbathing.

50° F:
Californians try to turn on the heat; people in Syracuse plant gardens.

40° F:
Italian sports cars won't start; people in Syracuse drive with the windows down.

32° F:
Distilled water freezes; Onondaga Lake water gets thicker.

20° F:
Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and wool hats; people in Syracuse throw on a light jacket.

15° F:
People in Syracuse have the last cookout before it gets cold.

0° F:
All the people in Phoenix die. Syracusans close the windows.

10° below zero:
Californians fly away to Mexico . The Girl Scouts in Syracuse are selling cookies door to door.

25° below zero:
Hollywood disintegrates; people in Syracuse get out their winter coats.

40° below zero:
Washington, DC runs out of hot air; people in Syracuse let the dogs sleep indoors.

100° below zero:
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Syracusans get frustrated because they can't start their snowblowers.

460° below zero:
All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale); people in Syracuse start saying, 'cold 'nuff for ya?'

500° below zero:
Hell freezes over. The Pitt Panthers make the Final Four.

Hope all those Florida football recruits up for today's game like snow and cold. Yikes.

This city rocks. Its not even cold out. I have shorts on right now and im out and about.

Man up!

Joe, my buddy from Vestal called a little while ago. He had to go to a soccer game in Johnson City and said the roads are terrible . I'm sure all will be fine in short order but we're leaving at noon.
Trip in from Roch was no problem for me but somehow there were three accidents along the way.

kuethstheman said:
Trip in from Roch was no problem for me but somehow there were three accidents along the way.

Just saw a couple cars off the road in ditches on 690 even though it didn't seem bad. Be careful.

SYRACUSE'S TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART

60° F: Arizonans shiver uncontrollably; people in Syracuse are still sunbathing.
50° F: Californians try to turn on the heat; people in Syracuse plant gardens.
40° F: Italian sports cars won't start; people in Syracuse drive with the windows down.
32° F: Distilled water freezes; Onondaga Lake water gets thicker.
20° F: Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and wool hats; people in Syracuse throw on a light jacket.
15° F: People in Syracuse have the last cookout before it gets cold.
0° F: All the people in Phoenix die. Syracusans close the windows.
10° below zero: Californians fly away to Mexico . The Girl Scouts in Syracuse are selling cookies door to door.
25° below zero: Hollywood disintegrates; people in Syracuse get out their winter coats.
40° below zero: Washington, DC runs out of hot air; people in Syracuse let the dogs sleep indoors.
100° below zero: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Syracusans get frustrated because they can't start their snowblowers.
460° below zero: All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale); people in Syracuse start saying, 'cold 'nuff for ya?'
500° below zero: Hell freezes over. The Pitt Panthers make the Final Four.
That is so funny. Been out here 4 years, and the other night it was 62 when we went out to dinner, and I had a scarf around my neck and a light sweatshirt on. I pointed out to my husband did we ever think a day would come when 62 felt cool?

Syracuse, The DOME, the only college basketball venue where a Zamboni machine might be in order prior to the game! We will skate to 18-0 while Pitt gets victimized by a slapshot from Jeremi. Perhaps Ennis will be called for "icing" because ice flows through his veins as he commandeers the Cuse to a win.

Don't want to say "told you so", but...

You get in?

Yeah. Barely. We got a drink at least. Couldn't sit for some food though. We went to the Mexican place and got some burritos. They have really potent margaritas too.