Rob Edson broadcast tribute... | Syracusefan.com

Rob Edson broadcast tribute...

I am sad no one has commented on this... Rob may be the best human being who ever had a senior position at SU Athletics. And his wife Sue Edson is incredibly special. I suspect Hendricks Chapel will be full on Thursday for his funeral. Sometimes there is more important stuff than speculating over who may play shooting guard next year.

I'm sorry I missed this. My father knows Sue well and this hit me like a ton of bricks. Rob was truly one of the good guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I never had the pleasure of meeting Rob or his family, but it is clear that he was loved and appreciated by all who met him. To think that he was so young, with a young family. It really strikes home, because I am only a couple years younger and have small children. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. My thoughts are with his family. Although nothing could probably console his wife and children right now, hopefully the outpouring of love for their father helps them through all of this. So sad.

This is really sad. As Shafer tweeted yesterday, "Only the good die young". Thoughts and prayers are with the Edson family.

Coach Scott Shafer ‏@Coach_Shafer 15 Sep
Only the GOOD die young! God Bless the Edson family.

If you did not know Rob Edson, please watch this broadcast tribute to him. Both Doug Marrone and Pete Sala are in tears while speaking of him. Rob was one of the nicest, kindest most genuine people I have ever known. My heart just aches for Sue and their children

http://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=4345488
CTO, thank you so much for posting this. I have been in a trial the past couple days and have been out of the news loop. I coach FM in the FM/JD little league softball and Sue is a coach for JD. I may have missed this news. At least now I can send a card FWIW. The Edsons are great people. I cannot imagine what Sue and the kids are going through.

Last edited:
If you did not know Rob Edson, please watch this broadcast tribute to him. Both Doug Marrone and Pete Sala are in tears while speaking of him. Rob was one of the nicest, kindest most genuine people I have ever known. My heart just aches for Sue and their children

http://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=4345488

Here as well is his obituary. Calling hours are from 4-8pm tomorrow night at the Eaton-Tubbs funeral home in Fayetteville. The funeral service will be at Hendricks Chapel at 11am on Thursday. Anyone who is interested in attending and wants to meet up, feel free to private message me as I will be attending both of them. You can also donate if you wish to the American Heart Association in Rob's honor in lieu of flowers. Details in the obituary.

RIP Rob #RiseUpForRob

From everything that has been posted in the past few days, it's very sad to lose someone that was loved so much.

Here as well is his obituary. Calling hours are from 4-8pm tomorrow night at the Eaton-Tubbs funeral home in Fayetteville. The funeral service will be at Hendricks Chapel at 11am on Thursday. Anyone who is interested in attending and wants to meet up, feel free to private message me as I will be attending both of them. You can also donate if you wish to the American Heart Association in Rob's honor in lieu of flowers. Details in the obituary.

RIP Rob #RiseUpForRob
You can also donate to the Orange Cllub for a scholarship fund set up in Rob's memory. Here the details as reported on Syracuse.com on Sunday:

"Syracuse announced on Sunday morning it would create a scholarship in Edson's name that would be awarded to athletes who left the university without getting their degree and come back to earn it. Contributions to the scholarship can be sent to the Orange Club, Manley Field House, 1301 E Colvin St., Syracuse, NY 13244. Put Rob Edson Scholarship Fund in the memo line."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom