Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million

I just went back and checked. The original press release for the facility includes a part of how someone (not Rob) gave $5 million for the “atrium” in the new facility “in honor of Floyd Little to keep the Legend of 44 alive” and the building “will have updated branding to honor the rich history” of the program.

Seems like they are happily taking gifts for this project. I agree with those above who read between the lines that he was trying to charge or something else happened.

He's coming off so bitter and it's unclear why. It's very obvious the School would have substantial interest in 44 Memorabilia. If Konrad is trying to make a tidy profit off his collection he should look to an auction house not his alma mater.

He's coming off so bitter and it's unclear why. It's very obvious the School would have substantial interest in 44 Memorabilia. If Konrad is trying to make a tidy profit off his collection he should look to an auction house not his alma mater.
It's not just that he's probably trying to make money off of the deal (which itself is loathsome).
He is egomaniacal and dishonest.

JC. Of all the things to bang on the ADs office about, tributes to “44” is not one of them. Fields, statutes, dorms, streets, clubs, etc.

I have no reason to believe that Davis, Little, Brown, etc. are not important people. But in the end, they played football. They didn’t cure polio, end wars, etc. I think they’re sufficiently well honored by SU.

Between the Dome and Lally the school is putting well over a quarter of a billion into athletics. So yeah, they care.
Not to mention doubling the Coaching Staff/Support budget over the past 5 years. The 5 years before that was a pretty significant increase too, outbidding for Dino from FHCSS and building Ensley etc...

Probably more stupidity than caring... I mean who doesn't love to burn cash amirite?

Last edited:
Dean Jordan, David Faulk, maybe you can come up with a vision for the Falk School of Sports Management and Analytics that will inspire your dynamic school, It would be a great option to find a prominate place for all my fellow Orange Alumn to enjoy and be proud of on Campus…

It's prominent Rob. Maybe prominate is what your trying to sell? :rolleyes:

Not to mention doubling the Coaching Staff/Support budget over the past 5 years. The 5 years before that was a pretty significant increase too, outbidding for Dino from FHCSS and building Ensley etc...

Probably more stupitity than caring... I mean who doesn't love to burn cash amirite?
I am truly questioning Rob’s sobriety and/or overall mental wellness, and I don’t say that in a cruel or joking manner, something is not right with him

This is a guy who insisted on being given 44 to come here, just like his buddy Terry Richardson, and now Rob doesn’t want anyone to have it (because it has the potential to marginalize or minimize his contribution) but suggests that it’s out of respect for what others did. Funny because it was that same respect that made them want to wear it and honor it in the first place. The cries of ‘I was the last to wear it’ are deafening.

People in finance and tech think they can do everyone's job better than the people actually doing the work. Despite their lack of knowledge or information they can't help but let the world know how much their unique genius would change things for the better. It's become a well established pattern by now. Elon Musk is the most obvious example but they're all like this.

Attachments

• fraiser-doctor-crane.jpg
    fraiser-doctor-crane.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 13
People in finance and tech think they can do everyone's job better than the people actually doing the work. Despite their lack of knowledge or information they can't help but let the world know how much their unique genius would change things for the better. It's become a well established pattern by now. Elon Musk is the most obvious example but they're all like this.
I've spent nearly my entire career in tech.

You're not really wrong.

The guy seems like a first class jerk.

That being said, following is a true story: under gross tried to donate my 1959 Syracuse national championship football signed by Ernie Davis and all the greats and coaches of that team.

Went to Manley to supposedly meet Gross. Instead was met by a clueless underling, a lady with no reverence for the piece nor knowledge of the sport nor understanding of the significance of the ball.

Brings me in her office, desk is literally piled high with all sorts of crap, puts the ball down on an adjacent desk, it rolls down a pile of the crap piled high knocking over a full cup of coffee, i lunge grab and save the ball from falling, falling in said coffee and crap. Place it in an almost empty area on that desk.

My shite/concern detector goes off. I ask where it’s going to be displayed. She tells me, then has to take an “important” call elsewhere.

I go and walk back into The hallway in Manley that I came from initially when I got there, then see the rickety “display case” she mentioned, note it’s without even a good lock on it, such that any willing person can easily get in with just a little criminal effort/intent.

I go back into the office complex, then dart back into her office (she’s still not back there from her “important” call yet to meet me), I grabbed the ball and got the Fluck out of there. Never got a call on it or an email etc. Still have it 10 years later.

So who knows what the story is here with Conrad, like I said, he seems like a jerk, but they’re very well could be more to it. One would hope not with the new leadership with wildhack, etc. but none of us know.

Last edited:

That being said, following is a true story: under gross tried to donate my 1959 Syracuse national championship football signed by Ernie Davis and all the greats and coaches of that team.

Went to Manley to supposedly meet Gross. Instead was met by a clueless underling, a lady with no reverence for the piece nor knowledge of the sport nor understanding of the significance of the ball.

Brings me in her office, desk is literally piled high with all sorts of crap, puts the ball down on an adjacent desk, it rolls down a pile of the crap piled high knocking over a full cup of coffee, i lunge grab and save the ball from falling, falling in said coffee and crap. Place it in an almost empty area on that desk.

My shite/concern detector goes off. I ask where it’s going to be displayed. She tells me, then has to take an important call elsewhere.

I go into The hallway and manly in the rickety display case without even a good lock on it, such that any willing person can easily get in.

I go back into the complex, then dart into her office (she’s still not back there yet to meet me), I grabbed the ball and got the Fluck out of there. Never got a call on it or an email etc. Still have it 10 years later.

So who knows what the story is here with Conrad, like I said, he seems like a jerk, but they’re very well could be more to it. One would hope not with New leader ship with wildhack, etc. but none of us know.

But Doc Hollywood has monogrammed USC luggage.

But Doc Hollywood has monogrammed USC luggage.
The crazy thing was with the one time I met him in club 44 to offer it up, set this up, dude was as nice as the day is long. Was and remains so strange.

Probably Gonna now offer it up to Fran to borrow or use in any way if he thinks it could helpful him and the program. To show that “hey, it has been done here before and could be done again“ - The Heisman as well as the national championship, type of message.

My shite/concern detector goes off. I ask where it’s going to be displayed. She tells me, then has to take an “important” call elsewhere.

I go and walk back into The hallway in manly I came from, see the rickety “display case” without even a good lock on it, such that any willing person can easily get in with just a little criminal effort/intent.

I go back into the complex, then dart back into her office (she’s still not back there from her “important” call yet to meet me), I grabbed the ball and got the Fluck out of there. Never got a call on it or an email etc. Still have it 10 years later.

So who knows what the story is here with Conrad, like I said, he seems like a jerk, but they’re very well could be more to it. One would hope not with the new leadership with wildhack, etc. but none of us know.
Wow, what a great story. What’s really crazy is she: 1) most likely doesn’t even remember that event because it was and is meaningless to her and she’s clueless, or 2) has her own nutty version where you are somehow the bad guy.

I am truly questioning Rob’s sobriety and/or overall mental wellness, and I don’t say that in a cruel or joking manner, something is not right with him
I know a guy (it was me) that made some pretty wild Facebook posts before he got sober. Thank God that was before the big social media boom. Can't imagine the level of embarrassment I would have in today's social media world. I hope Rob gets help, and I agree, the lashing out/martyr complex wreaks of substance/mental health combo.

The crazy thing was with the one time I met him in club 44 to offer it up, set this up, dude was as nice as the day is long. Was and remains so strange.

Probably Gonna now offer it up to Fran to borrow or use in any way if he thinks it could helpful him and the program. To show that “hey, it has been done here before and could be done again“ - The Heisman in the national championship, type of message.
Based on what you said, if I had anything as valuable as that I would only lend it with some safeguard requirements, and a springing revocation right if the care and control changes. In the mean time, why don’t you bring it to the UNLV game next year, and we can toss it around.

Based on what you said, if I had anything as valuable as that I would only lend it with some safeguard requirements, and a springing revocation right if the care and control changes. In the mean time, why don’t you bring it to the UNLV game next year, and we can toss it around.
Lol come to one of the fine mess/SyraCruz tailgates, once a year I bring it out in its show box and repeat the hopeful message above. With Fran and the new playoff system, maybe just maybe there’s a shot!;):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom