Robersons AAU Roadrunners coach speaks out on Roberson. | Syracusefan.com

Robersons AAU Roadrunners coach speaks out on Roberson.

Sounds like Waters is saying it's a done deal that he'll be out for at least the fall semester now. Damn shame what's been going on with this whole situation and how Tyler has just been left hanging.

Huge blow. This years team could have been really really special with him. They still can be it just will never feel the same. And its going to set next years back. This years would have been better then next years anyway imo.

Worse part is we are talking about what happened in 9th and 10th grade, not 11 and 12th.

Everytime I hear someone say "he's got a lot of options" it sure seems like if he doesn't come in the fall he's not coming ever.

Everytime I hear someone say "he's got a lot of options" it sure seems like if he doesn't come in the fall he's not coming ever.

IMO, he doesn't have a lot of options. As I see it, there are only two as I don't see him playing at the junior college level.

1. He can sweat it out at SU in hopes of being approved by the time the second semester begins -- but this would put prep school application in jeopardy should he be deemed ineligible, which would result in no basketball this year

2. He can jump ship now and play at prep school -- which could attract the likes of Paypal Cal and Tom Crean should his recruitment open up

When would he be eligible in the spring? That does suck but not the worst thing in the world. If he can start in January, that's 18 games, plus tourney.

Im sorry this is BS... BS. Im growing more upset by the minute as a fan and a person.

Does this mean he could possibly play in Dec/Jan like Billy Edelin who started Jan 18th against Pitt.
If so that is some good news here as he may able to play around Jan. 9th the date fall semester starts, only missing 2 acc games possibly even being cleared to play a few days ahead of time. He also has time to raise his grades from 8th-9th grade if be.

Google Donte Exum, a recruit from australia who would have been cleard to play around the same time as he finishes his high school in australia after the summer semester.
I don' t see why Roberson couldn't enroll if was given the chance to.

Having Roberson play half of this year could be a big difference from being a freshmen next year. I think it is easily in this years teams and next years teams interests.

Does this mean he could possibly play in Dec/Jan like Billy Edelin who started Jan 18th against Pitt. If so that is some good news here as he may able to play around Jan. 9th the date fall semester beings. He also has time to raise his grades from 8th-9th grade if be. Once again google Donte Exum, a recruit from australia who would have been cleard to play around the same time as he finishes his high school in australia in the fall. Having Roberson play half of this year could be a big difference from being a freshmen next year.

I personally don't see how he would be able to play second semester if he doesn't play the first. It's not like he will be taking classes or finishing up things like Chris Walker of Florida. It will mean that the NCAA held him out of the first semester for nothing.

IMO, he doesn't have a lot of options. As I see it, there are only two as I don't see him playing at the junior college level.

1. He can sweat it out at SU in hopes of being approved by the time the second semester begins -- but this would put prep school application in jeopardy should he be deemed ineligible, which would result in no basketball this year

2. He can jump ship now and play at prep school -- which could attract the likes of Paypal Cal and Tom Crean should his recruitment open up
Europe

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah your right the article states...

Roberson could also wait to hear from the NCAA. If the NCAA does eventually clear him, Roberson would be able to enroll at SU for the spring semester.
so now we have 3 months to hear if hes elgible.
also ...
He has a lot of options, but he wants to go to Syracuse,'' Pyonin said. "He's just waiting to hear something.''

Wonder if he is deemed elgible if he could possibly be cleared to practice before classes start as sort of a waiver, and good gesture by the ncaa for the late elgibility. .
This whole thing could shape up better then I was thinking.

Do we want him trying to integrate into what may be a pretty settled situation come January? It's not as though we have chopped liver at the forward position. CJ ought to eat up just about every available minute at one of those positions. I can see the remaining minutes getting chewed up among Grant, Rak, DC and BJ. Not that Roberson wouldn't be squarely in that mix if he was here at the start of practice.....but obviously he won't be.

I would think it might be hard to insert him into the mix and get him up to speed if he doesn't participate until January...all of the OOC games are done at that point and JB has never had a history of offering on the job training to guys during the conference season.

there will be no good will gesture by the ncaa. However, all this talk here that if he doesn't come now, he never will, is off base. Why?

there will be no good will gesture by the ncaa. However, all this talk here that if he doesn't come now, he never will, is off base. Why?

I don't have a database in front of me to back this up, but it seems exceedingly rare that in these situations the player ever ends up at the original school he signed an LOI with.

I don't have a database in front of me to back this up, but it seems exceedingly rare that in these situations the player ever ends up at the original school he signed an LOI with.
I think in most of those cases, the school backed away and found someone else. We won't.

The bigger issue is that we may now be in a position to start two freshman forwards next year. If Grant leaves early we are not in a great situation for next year.

Agreed.
If this kid get the opportunity to come here. all signs indicate that he will.
I'm not worried about PayPalCal or someone else poaching him.
There's also no consensus that he's an NBA draft pick or likely to play pro ball overseas, which is exceptionally difficult for a 18-19 yr old kid to do. Thats assuming his fam is not financially strapped of course.
Odds are he ends up at SU in January, or goes prep and we see him in the #1 recruiting class w/ McCullough & Joseph.

The bigger issue is that we may now be in a position to start two freshman forwards next year. If Grant leaves early we are not in a great situation for next year.

Sort of agree. Rak and McCullough would be the likely forward lineup with BJ and Gbinije off the bench

Just hope the ncaa can give him a elgible awnser before the prep deadline.
Do we want him trying to integrate into what may be a pretty settled situation come January? It's not as though we have chopped liver at the forward position. CJ ought to eat up just about every available minute at one of those positions. I can see the remaining minutes getting chewed up among Grant, Rak, DC and BJ. Not that Roberson wouldn't be squarely in that mix if he was here at the start of practice.....but obviously he won't be.

I would think it might be hard to insert him into the mix and get him up to speed if he doesn't participate until January...all of the OOC games are done at that point and JB has never had a history of offering on the job training to guys during the conference season.

imo, without a shadow of a doubt or looking back YES!!!for this years team and next years.

Roberson, Fair, Grant, Ennis one of our bigs will be our best offensive lineup that can still maintain solid defensive stability, unless BJ breaks out. Book it! Also note Raks improve dribble and movement in this lineup. And if BJ breaks out over Cooney and Gbinije I wouldn't be suprised to see both. I think we will see some of CJ Grant Rak on the floor against the midmajors so JB can prepare Grant and CJ for this.

Does this mean he could possibly play in Dec/Jan like Billy Edelin who started Jan 18th against Pitt.
If so that is some good news here as he may able to play around Jan. 9th the date fall semester starts, only missing 2 acc games possibly even being cleared to play a few days ahead of time. He also has time to raise his grades from 8th-9th grade if be.

Google Donte Exum, a recruit from australia who would have been cleard to play around the same time as he finishes his high school in australia after the summer semester.
I don' t see why Roberson couldn't enroll if was given the chance to.

Having Roberson play half of this year could be a big difference from being a freshmen next year. I think it is easily in this years teams and next years teams interests.

Excellent point on Edelin, who of course was a huge contributor as the third guard. Roberson would be the third forward starting in January. Injuries, illness (another bout with mono for Grant?) and he's right in the mix. This year's team would benefit as would he, keeping him away from the leeches of college hoop. He will get better just from practicing against Grant every day and will be big come ACC tourny time.

Edelin was able to practice with the team while he was serving his 12 game suspension.

If Roberson doesn't enroll until Jan 12, he'll have already missed over 3 months of practice.

If he doesn't get approved to play , I think it would make sense to go the prep school route. Can't see him coming in January and giving up the entire fall semester. SU fans might like that but in his situation it would not be great. I assume if a student has graduated from high school they can go to a prep school.

What is the worry that he ends up at another school? Wasn't he a big enough recruit that he could have went pretty much anywhere he wanted the first time around?

The difference between right now and the enrollment date for Fall 2014 comprises the better part of 10% of this kid's current lifetime. You all think nothing can change? Anytime something like this happens (prep school or JUCO route) you have to assume there is an almost zero percent chance of the kid playing at the original school. Maybe it will happen, but the odds are strongly against it for a multitude of reasons.