Robersons AAU Roadrunners coach speaks out on Roberson. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Robersons AAU Roadrunners coach speaks out on Roberson.

The difference between right now and the enrollment date for Fall 2014 comprises the better part of 10% of this kid's current lifetime. You all think nothing can change? Anytime something like this happens (prep school or JUCO route) you have to assume there is an almost zero percent chance of the kid playing at the original school. Maybe it will happen, but the odds are strongly against it for a multitude of reasons.

I tend to agree that it is not a done deal. If nothing else he would be coming into a different situation...entering with McCullough with a possibly more established Grant here. Maybe he perceives that situation differently than he did the situation he was coming into this year. Maybe there is no presumptive starter at his position at his second choice school next season. The other thing to consider is he'll be a year older as a pro prospect. Where he might have had the patience to take two years to get an opportunity and develop into a pro prospect, one of those years will now have been lost. He may retain/regain the year of eligibility, but he'll never be 19 again.

I think some of you guys are thinking that the decision is based more on love for school than it is, and less on opportunity than it is. I don't know what Roberson's thought process is, so maybe his is based entirely on a love of Syracuse and JB, but I don't think that would be the typical case.