Robert Anae to NC State | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Anae to NC State

Very interesting and says a lot. Strength I would guess means NCSt has had more recent success. Stability meaning if we don’t make a bowl next year he would be gone with Babers. Now he’s got a 3 year deal. The kicker is the 4 granddaughters there. That had to be a big positive. Getting more money too.

I think it was a combo of the family and that he and Dino just didn't quite hit it off.

When he took this job last year, I think most people thought Dino was in bowl or bust mode.

Doeren is a D guy, just like Bronco was. Dino wasn't. I think Anae would prefer to operate with more autonomy.

This seems like a no brainer and I don't care if he and Dino were brothers. More money, 3 year deal and 4 grandkids in Raleigh? Not very hard to wrap your head around this one.
at the end of the day, it's usually 75% more money. He got big money to go to a bigger program. Tin foil hatting the words he said is probably a fools errand. These guys are coordinators not orators. They sometimes misspeak.

at the end of the day, it's usually 75% more money. He got big money to go to a bigger program. Tin foil hatting the words he said is probably a fools errand. These guys are coordinators not orators. They sometimes misspeak.

At the end of this day, for a guy in his 60's who can take a job down the street from his grandkids is not making a hard decision. He wouldn't have left Syracuse if his 4 grandkids were in Camillus.

Not surprise to hear something like this. It probably takes effort and intention for a lot of coaches with 30+ years on these kids to relate to them and build relationships.

Dr. Bob and other “mad scientist” types likely have that far down their list of priorities.

Not surprise to hear something like this. It probably takes effort and intention for a lot of coaches with 30+ years on these kids to relate to them and build relationships.

Dr. Bob and other “mad scientist” types likely have that far down their list of priorities.
They might be all chummy now but when adversity hits, it will be interesting to see how things go. NC State has an old guy who has been their QB coach for a while. He better be good at repairing damage….

Update:

NC State had their spring game over the weekend. It was cold and there was a big downpour during the game (think it was the same storm that hit Augusta).

Things did not go well for the offense. Armstrong was 14-28 for less than 150 yards passing. The bad weather surely contributed. But maybe he misses his QB coach too. Article on the game appears in the Daily Articles for today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom