Robert Morris Game... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Morris Game...

Final: SU 21-14

Final stats:

1620425508231.png

1620425525954.png

Nice win, good to end the regular season on a high note. Offense was great, Hiltz with some absolutely silly goals. Such a good player and can’t believe he’s only a freshman. Nice to see Seebold have a big game as well, he can be a little sloppy with his ball handling and passing but he generally makes the right plays and can’t beat his size. Lots of pressure on him and it’s good to see him deliver. Frustrating to see that second line still struggling at this point in the season.

Good to see the defense respond to an atrocious first half. Porter started seeing the ball and switching Murphy on to Smith helped slow him down. However, if RMU had been winning faceoffs this score line could very well have been reversed. Still just not communicating and just not being physical. Guys stand like statues while they watch opposing players dance to the crease for easy scores. I’m sure what else to say at this point. Porter will have to play really really well in the playoffs.

A great game for our offense and fogos to try to build some confidence. No matter what, we need our offense at peak form if we are to do anything in the playoffs.

If the coaches haven't realized yet, they need an EMERGENCY meeting - the D is in crisis. The D played better in the 2nd half but let's get serious. I'm tired of hearing about half-time adjustments. Against good teams, we will be destroyed as we were by ND and UNC. I would be worried about Porter's confidence level given what he has faced this season.

I think moving Kennedy back may be critical to bringing some toughness and experience to the D.

To build on others, some nice moments from offense but D still major concern. Porter seeing ball in second half but a pretty poor outing from him - fairly consistent with his season. To give up 14 , at will . to Romo with little possession is tough to swallow.

Romo is weak at the X so while nice to see Phaup in a groove. Not much to see here.

Not sure how/if the D can be resurrected in a few weeks and afraid that this will be the glaring issue in reflection post season - we counted on offense and Phaup and Porter to pull us along and only the offense showed (and not consistently).

Let’s hope for a Miracle - you never know.

To build on others, some nice moments from offense but D still major concern. Porter seeing ball in second half but a pretty poor outing from him - fairly consistent with his season. To give up 14 , at will . to Romo with little possession is tough to swallow.

Romo is weak at the X so while nice to see Phaup in a groove. Not much to see here.

Not sure how/if the D can be resurrected in a few weeks and afraid that this will be the glaring issue in reflection post season - we counted on offense and Phaup and Porter to pull us along and only the offense showed (and not consistently).

Let’s hope for a Miracle - you never know.
I don't know that you can fault Porter - it's really hard to tell what he could have done given the porous defense. RoMo has some quality snipers that will kill you if left wide open.

Anyway, if you look at the defensive unit as a whole including Porter, something has to change or their confidence level will be totally shot. My guess is that their confidence is a huge issue.

This was a better win than it looked. UVA beat RoMo by 2, Duke beat them by 4. Notre Dame scorched RoMo by 12.

Also, the defense only gave up 2 goals in the 2nd half before the scrubs came in.

I doubt we will be seeded. I'm hoping Notre Dame will be on the other side of the draw.

I don't know that you can fault Porter - it's really hard to tell what he could have done given the porous defense. RoMo has some quality snipers that will kill you if left wide open.

Anyway, if you look at the defensive unit as a whole including Porter, something has to change or their confidence level will be totally shot. My guess is that their confidence is a huge issue.

Fair point - Although I think there were a few there that he should have had. I keep waiting for those huge Adler , Krieg and Enteman moments when guys are on the doorstep and get stuffed and there have been very few, if any this season.

Porter did look better in the second half but he ended the day at 39% and that just won’t do.

Why we didn’t find an elite cover guy in the off season boggles my mind. Wykoff is terrific but he’s not elite. I’m afraid we look back and kick ourselves for resting on our laurels and making a whole lot of assumptions. As mentioned in a previous posts the super teams never stopped adding even when it seemed like you couldn’t and shouldn’t add more . And that’s paid dividends.

Why we didn’t find an elite cover guy in the off season boggles my mind. Wykoff is terrific but he’s not elite. I’m afraid we look back and kick ourselves for resting on our laurels and making a whole lot of assumptions. As mentioned in a previous posts the super teams never stopped adding even when it seemed like you couldn’t and shouldn’t add more . And that’s paid dividends.

That’s a good point but in fairness I don’t think there were a lot of elite cover guys in the portal. Thornton and I think Fernandez were the biggest names and there wasn’t much after that. The list of defenders definitely didn’t match up with what was available in terms of attackmen.

That’s a good point but in fairness I don’t think there were a lot of elite cover guys in the portal. Thornton and I think Fernandez were the biggest names and there wasn’t much after that. The list of defenders definitely didn’t match up with what was available in terms of attackmen.

Yup 100%, losing Mellen was a huge blow that we didn't fully appreciate it. We also lost the backup lsm whose name escapes which would have been a huge help

Yup 100%, losing Mellen was a huge blow that we didn't fully appreciate it. We also lost the backup lsm whose name escapes which would have been a huge help

Landon Clary

Rough second half: solo Myles Jones followed by a Jones combo with a high school kid off Wish named Sam Oppenheim.

Can’t tell if I’m rooting harder for Dami or Cook to score? Dami with his telegraphed patented crow hop from 20 yards and subsequent THUMP. I remember him shaking the net in transition against Albany a couple of years ago in but Desko called a timeout. He needs to take a page out of Dearth and let the transition game come to him or at least not blow a load and split dodge. Well 3 sentences on Dami so it must be him, but Cook keeps getting snipered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom