Rochester/ Monroe county has its 1st confirmed virus case. | Syracusefan.com

Rochester/ Monroe county has its 1st confirmed virus case.

SBU72

All Conference
Gentlemen returned from Italy. Quarantined at home. He personally took extreme precautions not to spread the virus when he got to Rochester. Wore a mask and rode in the trunk of a car to a hospital where he was greeted by healthcare personnel in full protection where he was isolated before returning home for quarantine. He is doing well.

Wow, good on him for trying to take precautions.

Do we know which hospital, RGH or Strong?

Gentlemen returned from Italy. Quarantined at home. He personally took extreme precautions not to spread the virus when he got to Rochester. Wore a mask and rode in the trunk of a car to a hospital where he was greeted by healthcare personnel in full protection where he was isolated before returning home for quarantine. He is doing well.
For every person like him there is 1000 others who are exposed who are posting memes about Corona beer

Monroe county news conference around 9am said only 1 confirmed case. There are tests being done. 5 with people who were in contact with the ill person. They stressed that he got it from outside of Rochester (Italy). He flew into JFK and took a vehicle to Rochester inform health officals he was on the way. He did NOT go through Roc airport.

Wow, good on him for trying to take precautions.

Do we know which hospital, RGH or Strong?
He was directed to Highland hospital where all precautions were taken when he arrived. I believe they said he is self quarantined at home.

I have it on good authority the first Case in Syracuse will be announced today. Heard the patient is at upstate.

friend who teaches at RIT says it's on line only. doesn't know about the victor schools yet.

Monroe county news conference around 9am said only 1 confirmed case. There are tests being done. 5 with people who were in contact with the ill person. They stressed that he got it from outside of Rochester (Italy). He flew into JFK and took a vehicle to Rochester inform health officals he was on the way. He did NOT go through Roc airport.

He took a vehicle from JFK to Rochester, and then started riding in the trunks of cars? This seems like strange behavior. He doesn't seem like the best self-quarantine'r ever!

He took a vehicle from JFK to Rochester, and then started riding in the trunks of cars? This seems like strange behavior. He doesn't seem like the best self-quarantine'r ever!
should have thrown in a couples waters and sandwiches and closed the trunk. be back tomorrow !

News just reported that the two in Greece tested negative. Also still only 1 positve in Monroe county but as been pointed its only a question of time.

Last update at Upstate from Dr. Dewan (President) was this morning, No cases YET but Upstate has been selected as 1 of 6 sites to perform COVID-19 testing. Which could be why all suspected cases are being directed to us. Then this afternoon visitor restrictions were enacted. Haven't been able to talk to my friends in the ED or patient support. They would have a heads up.

Last update at Upstate from Dr. Dewan (President) was this morning, No cases YET but Upstate has been selected as 1 of 6 sites to perform COVID-19 testing. Which could be why all suspected cases are being directed to us. Then this afternoon visitor restrictions were enacted. Haven't been able to talk to my friends in the ED or patient support. They would have a heads up.

1 of 6 sites where? New York State I assume?

1 of 6 sites where? New York State I assume?
The e-mail doesn't say that specifically, but it does say "...instead of sending specimens to the state laboratory in Albany..." so I think it means NYS.

if they stay open gotta wonder what they do about spring breaks and people wondering all over the place

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom