Rodney Williams | Syracusefan.com

Rodney Williams

Dcuse

All Conference
. Has played well overall with the injury bug depleting our safety position but...... OMG! Make that play and I have no doubt the coffee is tasting worlds better this morning. It's never one play...I know,I know. But man was that low hanging fruit at a CRITICAL time. Would have been Murphy from 38 at the gun.
Woulda,coulda,shoulda.

The ref's would only rule that he was out of bounds anyways. :oops::rolleyes:

^^^^^This. Seems like he was coming too fast but might have been able to get a foot down had he not bungled the catch. We'll never know......

I think he has played pretty well all things considered.

Just to change course prior to that drop INT by Rodney, there was PI call around the 3:00 minute on Frederick. To me it was iffy based on the mugging they were doing to Ish throughout the day. The very next play, watch while Rosier is scrambling to his left and No. 52 from Miami grabs our #52 but no flag is thrown. Of course the ref is right behind the play too...smh. He throws the flag it's 1st and 20+ yards. The very next play is when RB bust if for a TD. To me that was a huge non-call that could have changed things.

. Has played well overall with the injury bug depleting our safety position but... OMG! Make that play and I have no doubt the coffee is tasting worlds better this morning. It's never one play...I know,I know. But man was that low hanging fruit at a CRITICAL time. Would have been Murphy from 38 at the gun.
Woulda,coulda,shoulda.

Agreed, can't blame Williams like you say -- but that play would have put us in position to win. Sometimes you need to make those kind of plays at critical times of the game, especially on the road.

Costly.

To win big games you have to make big plays, SU didn't have enough of those yesterday.

To win big games you have to make big plays, SU didn't have enough of those yesterday.
My take on the game is that we were plucky out there, but the TO's in the first half put a huge amount of pressure on the D. They answered the call time after time, but down the stretch, we had gone to the well so many times the D just didn't have enough in the tank to stop them. And Dungey was gassed. I think he's more than an athlete throwing the ball. But he has to get his head into the game against top 25 teams on the road. LSU and UM were wake up calls for him to settle down early. I'd like to see the OC get him into a passing rhythm before they ask him to make complex reads. He's an uber-competitor, but in the first quarter on the road he's clearly been rushing and making poor decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom