Rony Seikaly | Syracusefan.com

Rony Seikaly

SBU72

All Conference
A fansidded web site article lists Rony as being from Portugal. I thought he is from Greece. Or is this the normal internet reliable info.

A fansidded web site article lists Rony as being from Portugal. I thought he is from Greece. Or is this the normal internet reliable info.

Ah, all those swarthy Mediterranean types all look the same anyway... :rolleyes:;)

But - he was actually Lebanese, and grew up in Greece.

Which are all basically the same as Portugal. :rolleyes:
"I was close!"
-Buss Patterson

Ah, all those swarthy Mediterranean types all look the same anyway... :rolleyes:;)

But - he was actually Lebanese, and grew up in Greece.

Which are all basically the same as Portugal. :rolleyes:
"I was close!"
-Buss Patterson
LOL, thanks, you too Cherie

His wife is from Brazil so maybe it was an article in Portuguese??

Does anybody know what network that biography / documentary of Rony was supposed to appear on?

Rony was a good guy. I had an art history class with him my freshman year. He was also a frosh but he red-shirted that year so nobody knew who he was. He was just this skinny 7’ dude.

Had a few convos with him that semester but nothing more than that. About 10 years later bumped into him at Bloomingdales in NYC and he recognized me and stopped to say hi. My fiancée was very impressed.

Favorite memory (of course) was when he took Dwayne Schintzus to school after Schintzus said publicly that he would mop the floor with Rony in the upcoming Syracuse-Florida tournament game.

elsa was SUPER fine. not meant as a hijack but i don't get msg at home and saw john wallace on msg repping cuse colors while working out of town. both dudes representing very well. wish we had that kind of talent underneath next year.

Excellent video, great story, super likable guy what a life, very well done. Thanks for sharing!

Great video. Great guy. Great center; can you imagine if we had a reincarnation of Rony on the team now? He was a monster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom