Rooting for Coack K | Syracusefan.com

Rooting for Coack K

Looks like JB on board again if Coach K returns. JB's participation in USA Basketball certainly has been a positive in boosting the prestige of the Syracuse program and I have to believe also helps in recruiting.

Colangelo said there would likely be changes to the USA Basketball staff if Krzyzewski did return. The 2012 staff included Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni, former Portland Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan and Syracuse Orange coach Jim Boeheim. Colangelo said it's likely Boeheim would again be part of the staff if Krzyzewski returned.
"I would think that's probable," Boeheim said Saturday. "I think so."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130518/krzyzewski-return-usa-basketball-2016-olympics/#ixzz2TgQMszQT

I think if K comes back, JB comes with him. Three years ago, K said he would coach into the 2008 Olympics only if JB came with him. I don't think anything has changed. They are good friends... and K has huge respect for what JB brings to the team. If K coaches into the Brazil Olympics, my guess is that JB does too.

I think if K comes back, JB comes with him. Three years ago, K said he would coach into the 2008 Olympics only if JB came with him. I don't think anything has changed. They are good friends... and K has huge respect for what JB brings to the team. If K coaches into the Brazil Olympics, my guess is that JB does too.
agreed. The article mentioned that. I think K comes back with JB. Just a feeling.

Appears that the entry into the ACC is continuing to payoff...big benefits for 'Cuse and JB...having Coach K as a friend and peer is a very good thing. And to think we wondered why the transfer from Duke was allowed to come to 'Cuse...a favor to JB...and now the two most winningest coaches in college bball are not only friends, peers, coaching in the same conference and ready to win another Gold medal...even the movies would question the truth of this... unbelievable

It's Good to be 'Cuse!

Well, I think we can all presume, just as there was no way Julie would allow JB to retire prior to the Maui trip (vacation) in '13, there's no way now she's going to miss that Rio va-ca either... ;)
he doesn't have to coach SU to coach the Olympics.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Rooting for Coach K?

no.nope.never. if i were to lie dying and needed a kidney to live i wouldn't accept that ratfaced weasel's organ.

he doesn't have to coach SU to coach the Olympics.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

True. But it wouldn't make sense to exit coaching but return for the olympics.

I think things are setting up for JB to make a run at 1000 wins. Three more years--which dovetails perfectly with this olympic engagement.