Roster for Fall '21: My (realistic) hope | Syracusefan.com

Roster for Fall '21: My (realistic) hope

Buddy 35, Joe/Kadary divide the other 45 but probably 25-20 in favor of Kadary I hope.
Forwards, no clue but I fully expect Benny to ride pine cause that’s how we seem to roll with frosh now. Center I expect Marek to still be here and playing it at least half the game.

Buddy 35, Joe/Kadary divide the other 45 but probably 25-20 in favor of Kadary I hope.
Forwards, no clue but I fully expect Benny to ride pine cause that’s how we seem to roll with frosh now. Center I expect Marek to still be here and playing it at least half the game.
Benny will start and play a lot of minutes unless he isn't as good as we think he is going to be. Which could still be true.

Guards: Kadary, Buddy, Girard, (some minutes for AG)
Forwards: Benny, AG, Woody, Braswell
Centers: Frank A, Edwards, Xfer

Commence discussion. And please let's keep this focused on the roster/rotation for the 21-22 season!!

Agree with you. You can never tell what's out there but I assume talented transfer centers are hard to come by.

You would have to assume Frank (who is talented) puts on some pounds and gets good minutes based on his length. Have to assume Jesse can play 10-15. I agree and don't think you can count on Sidibe coming back since his health is so shaky.

On paper, that's not a bad team. Still very thin and likely to get punished on the boards vs big teams. i know benny can play offense but not sure if he is ready to hit the boards and put forth the defensive intensity this team would need. The key is what you get out of your centers.

Cuse!

Keeping this focused on the roster/rotation for the 21-22 season, and maybe 22/23.

I do not want to post this. I do not even want to type this. But I understand I need to ask, "Is Jackson's brother not going to be in the rotation?"

And would he too have 2 years of eligibility?

Keeping this focused on the roster/rotation for the 21-22 season, and maybe 22/23.

I do not want to post this. I do not even want to type this. But I understand I need to ask, "Is Jackson's brother not going to be in the rotation?"

And would he too have 2 years of eligibility?
Answer to your second question: No.

He has already used 3 years of eligibility. Although this current season is "free", he was not able to take advantage, as the Ivy League opted out.

He has one season left to play, at Cornell or elsewhere.

Is this saying Q goes to the NBA or transferring?

Guards: Kadary, Buddy, Girard, (some minutes for AG)
Forwards: Benny, AG, Woody, Braswell
Centers: Frank A, Edwards, Xfer

Commence discussion. And please let's keep this focused on the roster/rotation for the 21-22 season!!
Not sure that’s a .500 team.

I think we ll see multiple transfers come to Syracuse this off-season.
If it’s not a center they can stay wherever their from. A guard isn’t going to play, if Woody is still here it’ll me the forward transfer Is going to take minutes from him and probably Benny, especially if he picks up the defense quick and “practices well”. I really don’t see a center coming in, why would they come here?

How come? It adds Benny, everyone gets a year's more experience (and ideally improves), and loses Q and Marek from a squad that's already over .500.
I have had the same comments after every year and I’ve been mostly right every year unfortunately. No Q or Marek and while they’re not great players, they don’t turn the ball over and don’t foul in the zone. You think Benny isn’t going to have issues adjusting to the zone? I don’t care if Marek comes back but Q is a huge loss, with him gone we lose rebounding and that is something we really can’t lose. The offense isn’t going to change, Buddy will get his 15 shots, dependent on how minutes Joe gets, he’s chucking, and I still don’t believe we’ll ever see Kadary play 30+ minutes here on average, unless there is an injury or Joe leaves.
I like to believe players get better after a year but with the lack of development I’ve seen from our players the last 6 years, I’ll never assume it again with our current staff.

How come? It adds Benny, everyone gets a year's more experience (and ideally improves), and loses Q and Marek from a squad that's already over .500.
And I think it's a substantially better defensive team, if a slightly worse offensive team

I have had the same comments after every year and I’ve been mostly right every year unfortunately. No Q or Marek and while they’re not great players, they don’t turn the ball over and don’t foul in the zone. You think Benny isn’t going to have issues adjusting to the zone? I don’t care if Marek comes back but Q is a huge loss, with him gone we lose rebounding and that is something we really can’t lose. The offense isn’t going to change, Buddy will get his 15 shots, dependent on how minutes Joe gets, he’s chucking, and I still don’t believe we’ll ever see Kadary play 30+ minutes here on average, unless there is an injury or Joe leaves.
I like to believe players get better after a year but with the lack of development I’ve seen from our players the last 6 years, I’ll never assume it again with our current staff.
I can see where you're coming from. Good response.

And I think it's a substantially better defensive team, if a slightly worse offensive team
Benny is already better than Q in the zone? Griff is awful and Frank must be so bad being behind two guys the coach has said he didn’t expect them to play for two years, I don’t get why you would think he’d pass them

Realistically, with one reach, this would be our best lineup next year:

PG) Richmond. Bench minutes JG3.
SG) Boeheim. Bench minutes Newton.
SF) Griffin. Bench minutes Williams.
PF) Guerrier. Bench minutes Williams.
C) Boakye. Bench minutes Edwards.

Sidibe, Dolezaj graduate and move on. Bol Ajak transfers or is the 9th-10th guy. Anselem needs to show a lot more and compete for 3rd center. If no Boakye (likely), center is a two man rotation between Edwards and Anselem.

For some reason I feel like the seniors are gone but all others will return minus a transfer or two who don't really play. I though QG was gone but I'm sure his stock has dropped recently. He needs to continue to work on his jumper. Griffin is not going anywhere unless he wants to transfer again but I think he sticks. Does Joe think about leaving? Braswell? Newton?
PG = Richmond
SG = Buddy
SG = Griffin
PF = QG
Center = Transfer?
6th man - Benny gets 25 min off the bench...he is a 5 star
7th = Girard
8th = Braswell
9th = Who knows what the center situation will be?

I think the seniors are gone and I think we can lose 3 more (2 to pros and a transfer) Braswell stays because he's finally getting minutes and the staff will convince him he will get more next year...I think Woody transferring is a good possibility. Joe isn't going anywhere.

I don't get this Guerrier pro talk I've seen on the board.

PG: Richmond/Girard
SG: Boeheim
SF: Griffin/Williams/Newton
PF: Guerrier/Williams/Newton/Braswell
C: Edwards/Anselem