Roster Set for 20-21 | Syracusefan.com

Roster Set for 20-21

walsh2012

Starter
Welp, after whiffing on four bigs it seems like our roster is set for next year.

here’s how i see it finalizing in march:

G: Kadary
G: Buddy
: Griff
: Doley
C: Sid

JG3, QG, Edwards round it out

i think there is a better than even chance that syracuse never gets outplayed at the center position next season

of course, that's largely because i think there's a better than even chance that there is no next season, but whatever

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnerdheist.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F08%2Ftenor-19.gif&=1&nofb=1

i think there is a better than even chance that syracuse never gets outplayed at the center position next season

of course, that's largely because i think there's a better than even chance that there is no next season, but whatever

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnerdheist.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F08%2Ftenor-19.gif&=1&nofb=1

The curve is flat. How long until it starts heading down will dictate a lot.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.picgifs.com%2Freaction-gifs%2Freaction-gifs%2Fconfused%2Fconfused048.gif&=1&nofb=1

New cases have already hit their Apex, and have been nearly constant all week. Hospitalizations in NY and ICU admissions continue to be way down since the heart of the outbreak. In general nearly every NE state is flat in terms of new cases.

The next step is seeing daily new cases decrease. Once we get to that point where new case volume is very low will be a key decision point. Right now it's very possible we see that at some point in May. I would be more concerned for Fball season than basketball season the way things are moving.

i think there's a better than even chance that there is no next season, but whatever

This is a real concern. Other things will start to open up (e.g., stores and offices), but I think events with large crowds ... such as sporting events, concerts, etc ... are another story. And even if some events do occur, I suspect attendance will be way down. That virus will be a threat until they get a vaccine for it, and many people, especially among the "vulnerable" populations, will not want to go anywhere near a large crowd.

Last edited:
This is a real concern. Other things will start to open up (e.g., stores and offices), but I think events with large crowds ... such as sporting events, concerts, etc ... are another story. And even if some events do occur, I suspect attendance will be way down. That virus will be a threat until they get a vaccine for it, and many people, especially among the "vulnerable" populations, will not want to go anywhere near a large crowd.
Or a small crowd.

bol Ajak I’m really excited to see what he can do! He was a pretty high and well regarded recruit in high school before he was injured so intrigued to see what he can do! Let’s just hope he’s 100 percent

bol Ajak I’m really excited to see what he can do! He was a pretty high and well regarded recruit in high school before he was injured so intrigued to see what he can do! Let’s just hope he’s 100 percent

Why wouldn’t he be 100 percent?

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t he be 100% you mean LOL I heard he got injured I don’t know what the injury is but he fell off a little bit in terms of recruiting so I figured it was somewhat serious

New cases have already hit their Apex, and have been nearly constant all week. Hospitalizations in NY and ICU admissions continue to be way down since the heart of the outbreak. In general nearly every NE state is flat in terms of new cases.

The next step is seeing daily new cases decrease. Once we get to that point where new case volume is very low will be a key decision point. Right now it's very possible we see that at some point in May. I would be more concerned for Fball season than basketball season the way things are moving.
First of all, the things you are quoting are for NYS. Curve is flattening, not coming down. It could take twice as long to come down. And no telling where on the curve any of the other large cities are. Then there is the concern about relapses in occurrence as people mingle. Nothing is certain until a vaccine is found. For the country, many months to go. Hate to say it.

First of all, the things you are quoting are for NYS. Curve is flattening, not coming down. It could take twice as long to come down. And no telling where on the curve any of the other large cities are. Then there is the concern about relapses in occurrence as people mingle. Nothing is certain until a vaccine is found. For the country, many months to go. Hate to say it.

It's more than NY ( I've posted this in the OT board). NY/NJ and PA are all nearly flat. More importantly they are flat and seeing downward trends in new hospitalizations and ICU admission. CA has also flattened, Washington is on the downward slope and some states with fewer cases overall have flattened too like MN. Mass. is near peaking. So yes there is a ways to go but there is progress outside of NY. The outbreak will not reach NY levels anywhere else. The next closest disaster looks to be Detroit. This is all from data, models and looking at everything. Again I'm not downplaying it but there aren't many high population centers left to peak. Given that and the fact it's mid April and we will see extensions of SIP through at least mid May the data would trend towards a slow reopening in June and a real possibility of a hoops season. I wouldn't expect to come down from the plateau as a country until early May at the soonest and late May for those who peak the latest.

or Woody?
There's already 8 guys listed, can't imagine a situation where the rotation would go higher. Can probably actually put 7.5 and be more accurate with Edwards only playing if both Sidibe and Marek are in foul trouble like last year.

It's more than NY ( I've posted this in the OT board). NY/NJ and PA are all nearly flat. More importantly they are flat and seeing downward trends in new hospitalizations and ICU admission. CA has also flattened, Washington is on the downward slope and some states with fewer cases overall have flattened too like MN. Mass. is near peaking. So yes there is a ways to go but there is progress outside of NY. The outbreak will not reach NY levels anywhere else. The next closest disaster looks to be Detroit. This is all from data, models and looking at everything. Again I'm not downplaying it but there aren't many high population centers left to peak. Given that and the fact it's mid April and we will see extensions of SIP through at least mid May the data would trend towards a slow reopening in June and a real possibility of a hoops season. I wouldn't expect to come down from the plateau as a country until early May at the soonest and late May for those who peak the latest.

I worry about Florida, Georgia, and Texas. Especially Florida, where you have a pretty concentrated population, an aging population, and a governor who has bent over backwards to delay protecting his citizens. In fact, and I'm not trying to be political, those governors who have largely ignored establishing safety protocols are likely to have outsized outbreaks.

Bottom line, though, is that, if you're gonna have crowds, you're gonna need a vaccine.

I worry about Florida, Georgia, and Texas. Especially Florida, where you have a pretty concentrated population, an aging population, and a governor who has bent over backwards to delay protecting his citizens. In fact, and I'm not trying to be political, those governors who have largely ignored establishing safety protocols are likely to have outsized outbreaks.

Bottom line, though, is that, if you're gonna have crowds, you're gonna need a vaccine.

I think you are going to have some fools gold scenarios in some states too. Geography and natural spacing of the population will help offset some of the numbers. Florida is not spiking like I expected. They have very solid testing numbers and while they have some outbreaks it is possible maybe climate is helping their case too. Georgia has spiked and Texas may possibly be similar to Florida where climate helps ( at least for now).

This thing has been hard to predict beyond the fact that social distancing works. An empty stadium sports season may still be feasible depending on where things are around antivirals and more importantly vaccination.