Roster Set for 20-21 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Roster Set for 20-21

This is a real concern. Other things will start to open up (e.g., stores and offices), but I think events with large crowds ... such as sporting events, concerts, etc ... are another story. And even if some events do occur, I suspect attendance will be way down. That virus will be a threat until they get a vaccine for it, and many people, especially among the "vulnerable" populations, will not want to go anywhere near a large crowd.

At this juncture the question becomes can sports operate without fans? Can a virtual ticketing process be employed somehow? These are all hypotheticals but there has been a lot of progress in terms of migrating to virtual interactions in a short period of time. The technology has been there just not the adoption rates. The domino effect of a rapidly contracting economy is going to create an extremely difficult scenario if we are still barely above essential levels come fall. I'm not sure chaos can be avoided if that is where we reside at that time.

I would not be at all surprised that 1st semester is still off campus. Even if the curves get near zero, its not zero. Social distancing may require no stadium or arena exposure until a vaccine is available which could be 12 to 18 months out. 40,000 football fans, 15,000 basketball fans present such a huge risk if ONE asystmatic person shows up.