Rothstein on Kadary! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein on Kadary!

Kid is NBA bound before 2022. Calling this now. Most exciting recruit since Battle.

I do tend to wonder if Richmond could be a Malachi/Ennis or MCW. I still think he compares to SGA. If he has an SGA season unexpectedly then he definitely could be gone in one year.

And Alan Griffin plays where?...
Do we know if Griffin’s eligible to play immediately yet? He’d obviously get the lion’s share of minutes however I could see Richmond getting freshman minutes where applicable at the 3 and potentially when Girard needs breathers too. Shooters and ball handlers will find playing time in this offense.

So who is he unseating? Boeheim or Girard?

If he is that good then does it matter? Goodine deserved better but needed more floor time to convince the staff. If Richmond bursts out of the game like JG3 did and offers the elements Buddy and Joe cannot he won't sit and his position matters less. Likely having the ball in his hands to run the show.

If he is that good then does it matter? Goodine deserved better but needed more floor time to convince the staff. If Richmond bursts out of the game like JG3 did and offers the elements Buddy and Joe cannot he won't sit and his position matters less. Likely having the ball in his hands to run the show.
So, you know what Goodine deserved based upon all of the practices you observed that the coaches didn't see.

The kid going to Minnesota is Jamal Mashburn's son.

A little bit more about that team. Their entire starting 5 was top 100 ranked players - they will be playing for Cuse, Kentucky, Miami, BC, and Minnesota this year, and they will all contribute. They had 8 or 9 D1 guys total on the team, and one of the guys coming off the bench was good enough to go to Maryland, so yeah, they were stacked. And yes Kadary was unquesitonably the best player on the team at that end of the year tournament where they played against teams that were (almost) as good as them and every kid on the court was going to play for a high major D1 team.

During the year they were so much better than most teams they played that all their stars just kind of took turns scoring for fun. The only time that I personally saw them play in a close game it was clear that Kadary was 'the guy' for them when it mattered.
/salutegeneral

No - based on what he brought in games and others on here put their two cents into. You are just a contrarian peach aren't you?
I thought he didn't show a ton. He was seen in practice everyday. Some people think JB intentionally doesn't play guys who can help him win games.
From the games I saw, the kid couldn't shoot on the big stage. Maybe he will someplace else, who knows.
I think Braswell has the best upside of those guys who got sparse moments. I thought Washington always played well, and better than Goodine, but his ceiling was a bit limited due to athletic ability.

I think Griffin getting eligibility will limit Kadary's minutes, unless Griffin can swing to SF in a small ball lineup...He's too talented and experienced not to get big minutes.

I thought thats who it was but was being lazy and didn't look it up. I was very impressed with him. Kid will be really good for little pitino. Thanks for the info on the team...i knew they were stacked but that's crazy how much talent was on one team! Glad we have a good relationship with Brewster...maybe it will help us with landing Mac.

Wait...Jamal Mashburn’s kid is playing for Rick Pitino’s kid??? Where did the time go?

I think Griffin getting eligibility will limit Kadary's minutes, unless Griffin can swing to SF in a small ball lineup...He's too talented and experienced not to get big minutes.

Where do you think Griffin is playing? I assume he’s playing most of his minutes at SF.

We can’t play Q, Marek, and Sidibe together in this day and age.

I just keep seeing the scenario of Kadary, Buddy and Griffin playing a lot of minutes together and kadary just breaking down the defense and kicking it to three to these two or just driving. I’m excited for him to play. As much as I do like JG3, I want Kadary to make it impossible for JB to bench him
Lol. Same I guess. Girard gonna play 35+.

I just keep seeing the scenario of Kadary, Buddy and Griffin playing a lot of minutes together and kadary just breaking down the defense and kicking it to three to these two or just driving. I’m excited for him to play. As much as I do like JG3, I want Kadary to make it impossible for JB to bench him

Girard, Buddy, Kadary, Griffin, and Marek. Houston Rockets style. Let’s go for it.

Such a tired narrative. I like Goodine -- think he'll do well at PC and wish he had gotten a bit more run here -- so that's fine. But he was really unsure of himself offensively every single time I watched him. His shot was clunky and he wasn't blowing by anyone. Nice defensive player but he had to get better before he got serious minutes. This whole 'give a guy minutes and he'll turn out to be a key piece by the end of the season' theory so many folks here have is written as fact but is pure theory.

I'm not saying minutes don't help a kid's development but the idea that you just hand a kid minutes early and he gets better late in a season is a remarkable oversimplification. We've had a lot of players here who haven't improved significantly year-to-year let alone week-to-week within the season.

So I liked Goodine, sorry he's gone. But he made more than one field goal in a game three times despite having played in 23 games and reached double-figures in minutes nine times. What would anyone have seen from that to say 'how the hell is not part of our regular rotation?!?!?!?!?!' Bizarre.

Will JB give Kadary 10 minutes for both JG3 and Buddy? Again pending he shows he can play.

Do we know if Griffin’s eligible to play immediately yet? He’d obviously get the lion’s share of minutes however I could see Richmond getting freshman minutes where applicable at the 3 and potentially when Girard needs breathers too. Shooters and ball handlers will find playing time in this offense.
I will put 100 bucks on him being eligible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom