Rothstein on Rak... | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein on Rak...

Who is Jon Rothstein? (Sorry for my ignorance and too lazy to google.) Who gave him this information? I really liked how Rakeem looked at the end of last year. I hope he's right! Only 48 more days!

He's the guy who told me and a friend once at MSG that Eugene Harvey was better than Jonny Flynn. :crazy:

Eh, I googled him. He writes for CBS, but I just don't remember reading him. And I read a lot cos I don't have a life. SoBeCuse is implying that perhaps he misunderestimates?

Eh, I googled him. He writes for CBS, but I just don't remember reading him. And I read a lot cos I don't have a life. SoBeCuse is implying that perhaps he misunderestimates?

Ha...I just don't really like the guy. Met him once in NYC. Arrogant dude. At least he is reporting that this is what SU is telling him. I don't trust his opinions usually. I think last year he started working for CBS. He's does lots of online previews/breakdowns.

Rothstein is also the gentleman (cough-cough) who reported on Jerami Grant's growth spurt to 6'10" (see other thread). Like SoBeCuse said, at least this is from a supposed S.U. source

Rothstein is also the king of ridiculous player comparisons. Expect to see things like "so much Thaddeus Young in Rak Christmas".

He said it was a Syracuse source not an SU source. That could be anyone really.

He said it was a Syracuse source not an SU source. That could be anyone really.

Since it sounds sort of hyperbolic...the source is probably igor. Rak is this year's Ethan Cole.

Rothstein is also the king of ridiculous player comparisons. Expect to see things like "so much Thaddeus Young in Rak Christmas".

I didn't even catch that part. Enough said, lol.

Regardless of how reliable Rothstein is, I am very confident that Christmas will be able to contribute defensively (on the wing of the zone) and with garbage scoring. I would not consider any of that a huge leap, but normal progress for a McDonald's All American.

If he can score in the post against other teams power forwards (who will almost all be physically inferior to him) then he will have made that huge jump everyone wants and Syracuse will add a another very reliable dimension to their offense - Coleman at the high post where he can hit a mid-range jump shot or pass down low to Christmas who will be a mismatch.

Call me greedy but I don't know whether I want some guys on this team to break out for the NBA this year or next.

If Dajuan is here for 2 Rak developes alittle bit of offense this year,
eek.png
CJ returns ,
eek.png
MCW returnes(Very, Very scary), Gbinje makes a jump that makes people yell and plays SG
eek.png
, and Cooney has a high shooting percentage with 5-6 three point attemps per game this year, then we could be SCARY SCARY GOOD. Add in Ennis and Grant who if seasoned (could be extremely similar to soph or fresh CJ on offense by then). Keita makes a jump to be a solid senior.

We could preseason have our best team ever, due to the experience, ability, and no this isn't a stretch with orange goggles, much better on paper then the 09-10 or 11-12 teams even if you knew about Wes/AO and Dion/ Fab /Scoop. Just throw in a Rookie SF who can shoot really well, or a experience transfer who can play 2 years from now who can shoot the long ball lights out and its over. That squad could be good enough to beat the majority of the ACC that isn't Duke or UNC by 14 all year long. I never would have said anything near that for the 09-10 11-12 teams, and were talking two years away right now.

And Yes I love Tyler, he will get some minutes especially with a team that dominant.
biggrin.png

But winning the big one is always goal number one. You will always have the next year to shine like a Madman. After a championship or final four run even the fans will be super super pumped for you. The return of MCW, CJ, Rak, DC in the first year in the ACC with a JR Gbinije would be ABSOLUTELY NUTS! Duke and Unc can wait a year, this would be great for the ACC.

Would be great if true. The added muscle will benifit him greatly. And throw in colemans fat loss, theyre headed in the right direction.

Can't wait to hear how much everyone has improved this offseason.

Can't wait to hear how much everyone has improved this offseason.

No doubt... Stevie Thompson, Josh Pace, Paul Harris, Scoop Jardine ... I mean CJ Fair has been lighting it up from outside in informal pick up games, he has clearly developed a consistent outside shot over the summer.

No doubt... Stevie Thompson, Josh Pace, Paul Harris, Scoop Jardine ... I mean CJ Fair has been lighting it up from outside in informal pick up games, he has clearly developed a consistent outside shot over the summer.

Scoop Jardine doesn't belong on that list. He had that funky release as a frosh, but by the time his sophomore season rolled around [after he sat out as an injury redshirt] he was a solid three point shooter the rest of his career. He was far from the most deadeye marksman we've ever had, not saying that he'd be mistaken for Greg Kohls, but he had the cajones to take--and make--big shots. He played a tad out of control his soph / junior seasons, which drew lots of posters' ire, but outside shooting was never an issue with him.

Oh, and people are going to be surprised by CJ Fair's shooting this year--mark it down! :cool:

No doubt his shot will be improved, but it is still inconsistent and he has to make sure he doesn't fall in love with it and sticks mainly to what he is best at.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I would prefer CJ spent the summer developing his right hand. With developed right hand he would much hard to guard off the bounce and it would open up his 15ft jumper/ pull up game.

If Rak could develop a face-up game, he could be fantastic... He has great length, ups and athleticism already. I also hope he has his motor revved up as well. He'd sometimes play too passively. He could use a little bit of nasty to his game.

If Rak could develop a face-up game, he could be fantastic... He has great length, ups and athleticism already. I also hope he has his motor revved up as well. He'd sometimes play too passively. He could use a little bit of nasty to his game.

I would like him to develop a post up game like Ricky had his senior year. Rak is a far better athlete than Ricky is so if Rak matches Ricky's skill level the sky is the limit for him.

I saw a recent pick up game involving mostly players. Rak has indeed put in 25lbs of muscle and looks much better than last year. I don't doubt rothsteins statement.
good'nuff for me.