Round of 32 game times | Syracusefan.com

Round of 32 game times

Libero2

Hall of Fame
Obviously we won't know anything official until after our game (should we ever win it) but any ideas on what time/channel the round of 32 game would be on?

I am going out of town today and won't get back until late Saturday night, so I want to set a bunch of the saturday games to record to improve my chances of recording the 3rd round game SU would be playing in in case I miss it while I am traveling home.

Any ideas?

You can set your DVR easily from the road with an app on your phone. That way you can wait until gametime is announced. What's your cable provider?

Last edited:
If Thursday game is on Cbs I think that means Saturday game as well would it not?

Obviously we won't know anything official until after our game (should we ever win it) but any ideas on what time/channel the round of 32 game would be on?

I am going out of town today and won't get back until late Saturday night, so I want to set a bunch of the saturday games to record to improve my chances of recording the 3rd round game SU would be playing in in case I miss it while I am traveling home.

Any ideas?

Best guess is first game on Saturday to a national audience on CBS...

No guarantee it will be on CBS just because today's game is.

Reminder for those who are not traveling out of town... ask yourself,
What time is most convenient for you to attend or watch on TV?
Once you figure that out, please understand the game will be played in the opposite timeslot.
Same goes for next year.

You can set your DVR easily from the road with an app on your phone. That way you can wait until gametime is announced. What's your cable provider?

That only works if you have a smart phone.

I have tons of space on my DVR (DirectTv) so i don't mind recording a handful of games that I can just delete when I get home.

Ahh. Got it
image.jpg

Last edited:
This is purely a guess. The smart phone march madness app does not have game times listed yet but there is a bracket order on the schedule for Saturday. The first bracket for Saturday shows Pitt/Colorado vs Florida first for Saturday and 1 vs 8/9 game usually is the first game on the Saturday round of 32. It has our bracket next so my guess and only a guess is if the first game starts around 12:15 or 1230 our game would be next around the 245 or 3 again.

The will not announce the tip times for Saturday until tonight at about Midnight, but here are the times and stations that the games will be on…
12:15 - CBS
2:45 - CBS
5:15 - CBS
6:10 - TNT
7:10 - TBS
7:45 - CBS
8:40 - TNT
9:40 – TBS
By Region it would
12:15 and 2:45 - CBS
5:15 and 7:45 – CBS
6:10 and 8:40 – TNT
7:10 and 9:40 – TBS
So the 12:15 and 2:45 are the only standalone games of the day, and they are usually reserved for the best set of games from one pod.
Last year and the year before, which is as far as my research went this morning (Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols) were the announcing team for the early 2 games… they happen to be the announcers at Buffalo.
CBS would love to have Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols do their 2 standalone games (this is their best set of announcers doing Thursday/Saturday games) and if it is chalk Buffalo would almost certainly be the first set of games. I am not saying that I think Cuse v OSU and Nova v Uconn is definitely their best set of games and I am not sure anyone would really want to watch the 42-40 defensive struggle that Cuse OSU would be… but CBS decided to send Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols to Buffalo for a reason, and that would likely be to announce the early standalone games on Saturday.
By comparison, Sunday has the exactly same set of times. Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony (which is CBS’ best overall announcing crew, and their final 4 crew) will be in St. Louis, which could have Wichita St v Kentucky and Kansas v New Mexico.
Jim Nantz has also done the early games in the round of 32, on Sundays, the past 2 years.
So in summary, if it is chalk (and likely even if it isn’t chalk) Buffalo will be the first games to start on Saturday.

this turned out ot be easier than I thought...

TNT doesn't have a game on until 6pm TruTv doesn't have a saturday game, and TBS has a 7pm game, most are on CBS from 12:00 onwards, so it won't be till Sat evening that games are on at once, and i'll be back by then. I set the first 3 games on CBS to record, so I'm all good.

Thnks for the support people.

The will not announce the tip times for Saturday until tonight at about Midnight, but here are the times and stations that the games will be on…
12:15 - CBS
2:45 - CBS
5:15 - CBS
6:10 - TNT
7:10 - TBS
7:45 - CBS
8:40 - TNT
9:40 – TBS
By Region it would
12:15 and 2:45 - CBS
5:15 and 7:45 – CBS
6:10 and 8:40 – TNT
7:10 and 9:40 – TBS
So the 12:15 and 2:45 are the only standalone games of the day, and they are usually reserved for the best set of games from one pod.
Last year and the year before, which is as far as my research went this morning (Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols) were the announcing team for the early 2 games… they happen to be the announcers at Buffalo.
CBS would love to have Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols do their 2 standalone games (this is their best set of announcers doing Thursday/Saturday games) and if it is chalk Buffalo would almost certainly be the first set of games. I am not saying that I think Cuse v OSU and Nova v Uconn is definitely their best set of games and I am not sure anyone would really want to watch the 42-40 defensive struggle that Cuse OSU would be… but CBS decided to send Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols to Buffalo for a reason, and that would likely be to announce the early standalone games on Saturday.
By comparison, Sunday has the exactly same set of times. Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony (which is CBS’ best overall announcing crew, and their final 4 crew) will be in St. Louis, which could have Wichita St v Kentucky and Kansas v New Mexico.
Jim Nantz has also done the early games in the round of 32, on Sundays, the past 2 years.
So in summary, if it is chalk (and likely even if it isn’t chalk) Buffalo will be the first games to start on Saturday.

This right here is excellent work, and exactly why I decided to ask the smart people on the internet to figure it out.

I have tons of space on my DVR (DirectTv) so i don't mind recording a handful of games that I can just delete when I get home.
You may also be able to program your DVR via DirecTV's website.
See this link to see if it applies to you.

You'd need to wait until Saturday's game times are announced.

You'd also need access to a computer, which I'm guessing might be an issue as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom